he takes care of me when i need it - !shorter chapter!

Mornings were probably Shizuka's favorite time of the day. He liked waking up before even the birds can start singing, the sun can start shining, just so he can do his own things. He doesn't necessarily start getting ready early, but he'll get out of bed and walk around the house, maybe sketch a little bit, then start to get dressed.

Then he'll walk to school with the sun now starting to shine a little. Ouran Academy is one of the biggest schools Shizuka's ever seen, bigger than any of his previous schools, that's for sure. And even after two years of being there, he still feels like he hasn't seen it all, so he'll walk around the halls and explore the exterior to try and spot anything he hasn't seen before.

Sometimes he'll see Mei just getting dropped off by her chauffeur and they'll hang around. Mei went wherever Shizuka was going. Then, when it hits a certain time Shizuka will say his farewells and go over to Music Room 3.

There, he most likely see Kyoya on his computer with a notebook next to him, digintanly working on whatever it may be. Club activities, family business work, maybe both. Shizuka always admired Kyoya for that, for his hard work.

He knows how much pressure Kyoya puts himself under as one of his father's sons, especially being the youngest son. He doesn't know how it feels to be in Kyoya's position, and he wouldn't ever. Shizuka doesn't have to try and compete for his father's recognition, because one, he no longer has siblings, and two, his family doesn't have a large business to its name. He doesn't know what he would do if he did have to be under that pressure, which is why he gives applause to Kyoya.

But today, he did find Kyoya in the music room, but when Kyoya turned to look at who entered, he looked rough. As in, his hair was sticking out awkwardly and his skin looked oddly pale.

His movements to anyone else were like how they always were, calculated, calm, cool. But Shizuka saw the slight shake in his hands, the bouncing of his knee.

Good morning, Kyo.

Kyoya only blinked at him, then turned back to his computer, hastily typing something on it.

He stayed up late again.

Shizuka sighed and walked over to Kyoya's table and set his bag down behind Kyoya's computer.

Late night? He asked anyway.

"I was up until 3 o'clock last night going over the statistics for the club. The decrease we had of funds over Hikaru and Kaoru's pretend dispute took a lot and now it's going to be hard to get all of it back." Kyoya said in a low voice.

Shizuka peered down at Kyoya's hands, seeing them stutter over the keys and having to hit backspace.

Does your head hurt?

"What kind of inquiry is that?" Kyoya muttered, finally taking his eyes away from his screen to Shizuka. Shizuka tilted his head at him, waiting for the answer. Kyoya sighed and closed his eyes for a brief moment before opening them. "Yes. I can dea-"

Shizuka was out of the room in seconds, causing Kyoya to widen his eyes the tiniest bit. Shizuka was standing before him before he could comprehend him leaving, with coffee in his hands. He set it down in front of Kyoya and then started to rummage around in his bag.

Kyoya stared at the steaming coffee in front of him, narrowing his eyes.

Shizuka pulled out a bag of premium walnuts, placing them next to the coffee. Then he took out a hairbrush.

"What are you doing?"

Your blood pressure's low. Don't you have Hypo-

Shizuka hummed as he looked up in thought.

I forgot the rest- something or other.

"You know that?"

Shizuka nodded slowly, one of his eyebrows raised, like he was the one who should be confused.

Am I not supposed to?

"Not... really, no. I never told you."

Shizuka stood still and gave Kyoya a sad smile that tugged at the latters heartstrings, not that he would ever admit it.

Sora had high blood pressure. We didn't know it at the time because she wasn't showing any symptoms of something being wrong. Then we found out she had a chronic kidney disease. I didn't want a repeat of losing someone I cared about, so I started paying attention to the people around me a little harder. You got like that whenever you woke up.

Shizuka slowly reached over and took off Kyoya's glasses, causing him to blink a little to try and focus his vision on Shizuka in front of him. Shizuka closed the computer as he set Kyoya's glasses on the table.

I don't want to be a hypocrite, but I wished you would've told me. You scare me sometimes.

He opened the pack of walnuts. He looked at Kyoya and smiled softly, caressing his cheek with a warm hand.

I'll help you, I'm always here.

He walked behind Kyoya's chair and started to comb through his hair. He rubbed his shoulder as well, leaning him back some to have his body stop being so tense.

His fingers carded through Kyoya's black hair, trying to calm down the short strands before he went any further with the comb.

When Kyoya was sure Shizuka wasn't able to see his face anymore, he covered the bottom part of his face with his hand as he blushed red.

"You can try to hide it, you can try and make as many excuses as you want, but I'll know."

Kyoya truly doesn't know how much longer he's going to be able to avoid admitting his feelings, but he does know it's not going to be for much longer.

"I'll know."

.

.