✿ TO BE OKAY ✿

ALAIA

I gazed myself in the mirror. Royal blue saree, heavy gold earrings and my hair neatly tied up in a bun. I smiled at myself.

So, there's this thing I've recently learnt about myself that I no longer feel hesitant in going out as long as it's with Agastya. I do get nervous inbetween all the classy and rich people but somehow, it doesn't bothers me as much as did when I was getting married to him.

Stepping outside of the house, I saw him, casually leaning against his car. His eyes were fixed on his phone screen. I took a good minute to admire him. He wore a business suit which fitted him perfectly. His hair were neatly trimmed and literally his face was shining in the pale moon light. I took my phone and tapped on the camera button, zooming a little, I was about to snap his picture before I realised he was looking at me. I stilled, not knowing what to do.

I quickly clicked his picture and cleared my throat. "The moon's pretty tonight." I mumbled, walking to him.

His gaze went up to the sky and he nodded. Part of me wished that what if instead of nodding, he would've said 'Indeed it's pretty' while looking at me. Exactly like they act in the movies and then I would've blushed but at the same time rolling my eyes to act as if didn't care.

I mentally giggled at the scenario and sat inside the car. Opening my phone, I took a glance at the picture which I secretly clicked of him. I put it on my wallpaper and locked my screen, shifting my attention to him who sat next to me.

This is probably the first time when we're both sitting side by side in the back seat and the chauffeur is driving the car. I noticed three more black SUVs following us which was filled with his bodyguards.

"Why bodyguards? You prefer driving alone, don't you?" I asked, curiously.

"I do." He gave me a half reply.

"This, business party. Is it important for you?" I tried to build up a conversation because we haven't properly exchanged words since last night when he told me not to ignore him.

I desperately want to ask him that why did he say so? But I don't want him to get uncomfortable.

"You want to know if Anaya will be there or not, don't you?" He raised his brows.

"Maybe." I shrugged, smiling.

"I've won a project and to celebrate it, there's this party organised with all our investors and partners. It is nothing big but since couple of foreign investors will also be joining along with Arnav Khurrana, so it has gain prominence among the media." He explained.

"It's about you, I guess that's one more reason for gaining prominence." I said, not liking that he didn't mention himself even when this party is all about him.

He chuckled, softly. "Yes, Ma'am."

When we reached the destination, the chauffeur opened the door and as soon as I stepped out, camera flashes made me dizzy. Nervously, I tried to maintain my composure but then out of nowhere, I sensed someone wrapping an arm around my waist. My knees became jelly the second I realise it was Agastya.

His hand wrapped against my bare waist.
My heart took a summersault. It was so intimate and I don't know exactly how to describe it but my breath was caught up in my throat. He had never touched me like this before even if it was for the public posing.