secrets i have held in my heart are harder to hide than i thought

"Didn't you just go to a theme park? Do you even like the beach?" Mei asked, shielding her face from the sun with her palm as she glanced down at Shizuka.

Shizuka was patting a plastic bucket upside down. He stoped for a second before lifting the bucket up, seeing the perfect castle. He looked up at Mei and shrugged.

"Uh, guys?"

They turned to their right and saw Haruhi sitting underneath an umbrella on a beach towel.

"Not to sound rude... but why are you guyshere? Shizuka-Senpai, you aren't part of the club. Chiba-Senpai, you aren't a guest."

Shizuka smiled at Haruhi and stood up straight.

Kyoya invited me, but I said I wouldn't go unless Mei went.

"Wow, I'm surprised Kyoya-Senpai let you do that. Guess he really wanted you to be here, huh?" Haruhi said, finally being able to understand Shizuka when he signed. She took a couple of private lessons from the Host Club when Shizuka wasn't there.

I guess so.

The Host Club was at the beach! But they were still entertaining their guests, with each host still having their own accommodations for certain activities.

For example, Tamaki and his guests were being sat one by one atop a boulder that jutted out of the ocean right at the ledge of the beach with the help of Kyoya. The Twins were playing volleyball with a beach ball. And Mori and Honey were... Shizuka thinks they were... dancing? Practicing martial arts? He doesn't know.

But he was building sand castles with Mei. Call him childish all you want, he doesn't care, this is fun.

Mei picked up a seashell and placed it carefully on top of the castle. "What about you, Haruhi?" she questioned, making Haruhi look in her direction. "What are you going to be doing?"

"Um..." While in thought, Haruhi was approached by a couple of girls, being asked basically the same thing. "I like looking at the sea from a safe distance."

"It's been forever since I've been to a beach, but one of my favorite things to do here is walk around. Wanna join me?" Mei asked.

Shizuka nodded with a smile, mouthing the word 'sure'. He extended his arm out, gesturing for Mei to wrap her own arm around it.

Mei gasped in fake awe a little as she did so. "What a gentleman. I'm in love." she said, batting her eyelashes. Shizuka and Mei stared at each other for a moment before bursting into loud laughter. While they were in their giggle fits they started to walk about.

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

While they were on their walk, it was cut short with Hikaru and Kaoru coming over and taking them both away back to the main part of the beach everyone was at. There, they explained this new game they wanted them to play called 'Who can Find out Haruhi's Weakness Game' after they found out Haruhi wasn't afraid of bugs.

Shizuka was very skeptical about the game, and Mei had no interest. Instead, she told Shizuka she had stopped a couple of the friends from earlier so she was going to go hang out with them.

The Hosts were playing to try and win three photos of Haruhi back when she was in middle school, that for some reason, Kyoya had. And of course, even if Shizuka didn't want to be, he was dragged into it.

First, they went into a large and deep cave, and that was a bust, Haruhi wasn't afraid of ghosts. Then, Shizuka had to help Honey calm down after he got scared of his own tatic of being trapped in the dark.

After those two he was done, so decided to stray away from the group sneakily. He saw a cliff that was hanging off the shore of the ocean. He smiled to himself as he climbed up it, some pieces of rocks chipping off.