teddybear

thomas' perspective:

I laid sprawled out on my bed. Work had been tough recently, and I've been exhausted. Suddenly, the door opened.

It was Newt.

"Are you alright, Tommy?" He asked, concern in his tone. He leaned his back against the doorframe and stared at me.

"Yeah." I groaned, leaning my head back onto the bed. Newt walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. "I just wanted to check on you. You've been really sleepy lately." Newt beamed.

"I'm fine." Thomas replied. "Works been tough."

"Okay then, Tommy." Newt stood up while playing with his fingers. He began to walk towards the door.

"Wait, Newt!" Thomas tried to raise his voice but failed due to his energy. Newt turned his head.

"Stay with me." Thomas stretched his arms out.

"Alright." Newt laughed. He walked back and jumped right into Thomas' arms. He looked him in the eyes contently.

"Thanks, Newtie." Thomas said, shutting his eyes. Newt stroked his hair and twisted in his fingertips. Thomas fell asleep almost instantly. Newt snuggled his head up in Thomas' chest, smelling his cologne.

He wrapped his arms around his chest and held him tightly.

...

Thomas awoke during the night, Newt strapped to his chest.

"I love you, my teddybear." Thomas whispered into the night.