✿ TO BE CONTENT ✿

ALAIA

I tapped my thumb over my thighs and tried to swallow down my tears. I don't exactly know what to feel in this moment. I'm both numb and scared and most of all worried about Agastya.

He sent me back to the home from the party but he didn't accompany me. I don't know where he is but part of me is very well aware about where he could be. He might be taking care of that filthy man. And no matter how hard I try myself to think that Agastya shouldn't have hit him in the public, I'm actually happy that he did so.

If it was my family on his place then they must've called me names and slapped me instead. For them it's always the girls because why in the first place did she sleep with her boyfriend? I was labelled as characterless for sleeping with the man I thought I loved but nobody tried see that. However when Agastya asked that man to apologise to me, it made me realise that I've been raised in a wrong society. I came from a background where family's honour is determined by the girl's character. No, it's not about the character, it's actually about the fact that for how long can she keep her legs closed?

It was taboo for me to have sex but I was expected to gladly open my legs for my husband on my first night even if I don't know him. Why? Because it's every girl's duty to save her body as a gift for her husband who can destroy that body if he wants to because apparently domestic violence is far better than the ruined respect of the family which lies between the legs of daughters, sisters and every single female of the house.

But Agastya didn't hit him for daring to taint my honour. Instead, he hit him for daring to sexually abuse him. There's a big difference between two. If it wasn't latter then Agastya would've been satisfied by that man apologising infront of the whole crowd to him. But, he made sure to ask him to apologise to me; the one who was abused.

I was lost in my thoughts when I saw Agastya walking inside. I quickly stood up.

"Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?"

We both asked at the same time. I casted a look at the back of his hand which was bruised and he looked at me.

I nodded. "I'm okay." Taking a small breath, I walked to grab a first aid box. "Your hand."

"Huh?" He gave me a confuse look.

I pointed at it's hand.

"It's nothing." He shrugged but when I didn't say anything, he sighed and sat on the couch, offering me his hand.

I sat next to him and slowly applied ointment. After wrapping the cotton bandage, I shifted my attention to his face which was already staring down at me. "I'm sorry, Alaia."

I raised my brows. "It wasn't your fault." I replied, clasping my hands together.

He shook his head. "No, I should've been careful. I shouldn't have left you alone."

My heart filled with a comfortable warmth. "It's okay. I'm okay." I whispered.

"I made sure that he's locked up behind the bars." He spoke.

"I know." My eyes crinkled with a little smile. "And thankyou for that."

"Help me with baking. You like cheesecakes, don't you? I'll make it for you. Anaya said to me that I should make you comfortable after what happened. I don't know what else you like beside cheesecake. Let me make it for you." He stands up and put aside his coat. Loosening his tie, he offered me a small smile.

I stilled. But my heart felt a kind of happiness that it never felt before. Blush creapt upto my neck and I wondered if all this is some kind of beautiful dream? Because, I want it to be. I badly want it to be because I want to lose myself in him; I want to name my feelings. I want to accept that what I feel for him is way more than just a crush.

I followed him to the kitchen and when he took out the blueberries from the refrigerator, I mentally smiled at the realisation that he remembers my love for cheesecake.

To lighten up the mood, I decided to force myself to say something; anything even if I'm comfortable with this silence between us. "Shall I make something else? You don't like sweet stuffs, do you?"

"But you like them." He countered, giving puzzled look at Lotus biscoff biscuits. "How come biscuits are turned into cheesecake? Are you sure with the recipe?"

"You've to crush them." I laughed at his confused expressions.

"How?" He scratched the back of his head.

"Let me do it. I doubt it'll be edible if you make." I tried to say something that can make him laugh.

"Are you doubting me, Mrs. Singhania?"

It was clear from his face that he was trying from his side too. He was trying to make me laugh.

"Put the biscuits in plastic bag, zipp it. The with rolling pin you can crush them. It's that easy, Mr. Singhania." I replied with a big smile.

He followed my directions and his eyes shine in amusement once he spread the cream cheese over the crushed biscuit. "I guess I should start a bakery of my own."

"Before that, you've to cook blueberries in sugar syrup." I started chopping the blueberries into fine pieces since I don't want him to hurt himself.

"Let me do it."

"Do you want me to apply more ointments on your hand? It is already bruised besides have you ever held a knife before?" I teased him.

He ignored my comment but I didn't miss the soft smile on his face. Then he setup the cheesecake after cooking the blueberries.

He put it inside the refrigerator to set it for couple of minutes.

I went back to the living area and after sometimes, he came with the cake in his hand. I took it from him gladly and as I take the first bite, sugar made me sigh in content. "Yummy." I grinned.

"Told you not to doubt me." He placed the water bottle on the table and sat across me.

"Ah, yes your highness." I laughed.

And just like that everything turned normal. I decided to forget everything that happened today and want to remember this day on a good note that he made cheesecake for me.

"Alaia."

"Mhmm."

"What's happening to me?" He asked in a hollow voice.

"What's happening to you?"

"When you told me about that Bastard. I wanted to kill him. I saw nothing but red. I-It took everything in me to control myself. It never happened before - I never felt this rage before. What's wrong with me?" He whispered, pinching the bridge of his nose.

I knitted my brows in confusion. "I don't know...." I don't know what to say.

"He hurt you, Alaia and I wanted to destroy him for that. I still do." He spoke this time rather to himself. "I don't know what the fuck is happening to me. This is so wrong- what's wrong with me?"

A/N

Please vote on the chapter and don't forget to comment. I really enjoy reading your views.

Also, you can follow me on Instagram:
@ literallilac

- Let's aim for 600 votes for the next chapter <3