52: Last blow

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The pin-drop silence inside the living room was very uncomfortable for them all, yet no one dared to break it until Jungkook sighed rather tiredly. "Why did you do that, Mom?"

Taking her hands away from Jungkook's chest, Suhee glanced around subtly, her eyes holding nothing but mixed emotions. "Jungkook, stop spewing nonsense!"

"I'm not spewing nonsense, Mom! It's you! You did some really absurd things to me... to my mate." Trying his best to keep his voice low and emotions at bay, he softly mumbled. "Why would you do that, Mom? It hurts, it hurts so bad to know that you lied -"

"I DID NOT! STOP SAYING THAT!"

Her maid stepped forth, massaging her shoulders in a soothing way when she burst out. "Who told you all of this? This warlock, right? This boy here said something, and you believed that? Seriously, Jeon Jungkook?!"

"This warlock here is your relative, Jeon Suhee." The new voice made them all turn their head to see Wangji standing near the door with a frown, and to their surprise, Jungkook looked very calm about his words.

"Who are you?! And why are you even here?!"

He took some slow steps toward the old woman to which her maid made a shield in front of her, making him chuckle. "Don't act so hard. Your bondage spell might hurt you for your disloyalty."

All the gazes fell upon the mute maid, including the other maid, and their eyes screamed confusion.

"Who are you to judge my maid, you low-life warlock!"

Laughing loudly at her words, Wangji met his glowing eyes with her, and everyone stayed rooted when she lightly pushed her maid away after the words spoken next. "This low-life warlock is the son of your sister and your first love, Xiao Jiang."

"What?" The previous venom was gone, as if she was dazed for a brief moment by the words but was quick to overcome the shock. "Nonsense! You are telling a lie! I don't know much about that male because we cut ties with Jeonghyun after her marriage! How dare you taint my name?!"

"Oh, am I tainting it?" Tilting his head lightly, Wangji held eye contact when his whole lens turned white, slightly taking her back. "I beg to differ because I can not taint a murderer anymore."

"SHUT UP!" Suhee seethed, turning to face Jungkook, who looked blank about the matter, in fact, too calm to be imagined when his mother was accused there twice. "What are you waiting for? Get him out of my pack! I can't tolerate such blame just because he is a friend of your mate!"

"Why are you denying it now? I clearly remember you laughing like a maniac after KILLING MY PARENTS!" Jungkook had to step forth this time when Wangji almost jumped over a pale Suhee.

"Wangji-"

"Speaking the truth is better, Han Suhee. Speak, or else, I'll make you rant." The tight clench of his jaw and fists were the only option to control his desire for now, the same desire for which he trapped himself in such a huge game of Minhyuk. The game to make her suffer, to make her miserable the way she did to both of them.

"Jungkook, make him leave before I do something I don't want to." Her voice was stoic, but the hint of discomfort was there, crystal clear.