53: Revelation

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"Suhee, why do you look so glum these days? Jungkook has been crying for you, but you are sitting in the room alone. Is everything alright?" Hawan had a concern for quite some time regarding her health that seemed to be disturbed. But she was staying in her own shell, not wanting to share a single word with anyone.

"I'm alright. And tell maids to take care of Jungkook for some hours. I'll be out soon after some rest." Snuggling into the blanket, she spoke in a monotonous way, to which Hawan just sighed and left her to rest.

Once he was gone, Suhee pulled a book out of the blanket and chanted what was written there... with prominent words marked in bold... DEATH SPELL.

.
.
.
.

"This is for me? It's beautiful, Suhee." Jeonghyun smiled, looking at the black scarf knitted by her sister very tenderly.

"I want to apologize for my behavior, Jeonghyun. Please, forget it all, and break this ice between us." The younger one warmly embraced her sister after months of conflict.

"Let's forget it all, and be there for each other, Eonnie. After mother and father, we have each other only." Pulling back, she lightly smiled. "Minhyuk has been acting weird with us since he got the leadership. I don't want Jiang anywhere near him. His stares scare me."

Patting her shoulders, Suhee pulled her back in her embrace. "Don't be scared." Her voice wavered when her eyes stung with the emotions she had been securing for very long.

.
.

.

"Jiang! Lady is feeling very sick!" The close relative of Xiao Jiang beside both sisters went out in a great hurry looking at the pale face of Jeonghyun.

Suhee was crying badly, with little Jungkook wrapped around her waist, and looking at the scene unfolding there. Wangji stood near his mother, crying with her loud wails when his older aunt told him to wait outside.

That night, little Wangji lost his mother along with his unborn sibling. The pain of seeing his mother going away forever left him in utter and eternal discomfort. But when Suhee tried to approach him, he denied it harshly, pushing her away.

Taking some more time from Hawan, she stayed in the Xiao clan for some more time, taking care of the almost 6-year-old boy who never went near her willingly, and once called her a murderer for which he was scolded badly by his father.

Little blabbering Jungkook was getting close to his cousin-brother, but the older boy was very conflicted about letting him do so. One day, he ended up knocking Jungkook down the stairs, giving him a deep scar on his cheek. That day, Jiang cried, and he cried so hard in front of Suhee, while little Wangji cried while hiding behind the curtains, feeling sorry for hurting the innocent boy.

"It's not your fault, Jiang. He is just a kid, suffering from a great loss. Give him some more time to accept it." Even when her voice was shaking again, Suhee sounded gentle.

"He called you a murderer that day, and now... I'm feeling like a lost case, Suhee shi. I feel... I feel like I can not afford to raise him alone." Suhee bit her lips harshly, taking a hesitating step toward the crying Jiang.

"You are not alone, Jiang. I'm here, and Jungkook is here as well. We will not let you be alone." Not bothering much with the words, Jiang stayed silent, noticing Wangji peeking from behind the curtain.