Chapter 7

3rd pov:

"Give me a beat!" Ben's voice cut through the air, commanding the band to start playing. With Doug's count-off, the music began, setting the rhythm for the impromptu performance.

"Uno, dos, tres, cuatro!" Doug's shout signaled the start of the song, and everyone around began to move and sway to the catchy tune.

"Did I mention that I'm in love with you? " Ben's voice rose above the music, catching Mal off guard. Emily glanced between Mal and Ben, knowing that while she felt genuinely happy for him, it wasn't entirely unexpected. After all, many of her friends had found themselves drawn to the charm of the villain kids, just as she had.

"And did I mention there's nothing I can do? " Ben continued to sing, his words filled with emotion as he moved from the podium, engaging with the crowd.

"And did I happen to say, I dream of you every day..."

"Shout it out loud! " The collective voices of the crowd, the cheerleaders, and the tourney players resonated, finishing off for Ben, who turned around in surprise at the overwhelming response.

"If that's okay, ay," Ben continued to sing, caught up in the moment.

"Hey!" Jay chimed in, adding to the spirited performance.

"If that's okay," he added, his energy infectious as everyone joined in the dancing and singing.

"I've met this girl that rocked my world, like it's never been rocked," Ben sang with enthusiasm, bouncing from side to side as Emily and Carlos joined him.

"And now I'm living just for her and I won't never stop,"

"I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me, but look at what you've done," Ben continued, his voice filled with emotion as the rest of the tourney team dramatically fell to their knees. "You've got me down on my knees because my love for you is ridiculous! "

The tourney players lifted Ben off the floor as he sang, "I never knew-"

"Who knew? " the crowd echoed.

"That it could be like this," Ben sang, his love for Mal evident in every word. "My love for you is ridiculous. My love is r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s! " he exclaimed, gesturing emphatically to match each letter.

"R-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s! " the tourney champions and Emily echoed, mimicking Ben's actions and leaving Mal gasping in surprise and delight.

"It's..." Ben pointed to the crowd, who eagerly finished off his sentence.

"Ridiculous! "

"Just... "

"Ridiculous! "

"And I would give my kingdom for just one kiss! " The tourney champions, Emily, and Ben began to slowly make their way towards Mal as they clicked their fingers in rhythm.

"Well, did I mention that I'm in love with you," Ben sang, clutching the gold microphone tightly. "And did I mention there's nothing I can do? " He leaned into the tourney players and Emily, his voice filled with passion.

"And did I happen to say? " He leaned out of the group, pointing towards Mal. "I dream of you every day! But let me shout it out loud! "

"If that's okay ay ay! Yeah! " Ben jumped up and down with infectious energy, the players and the cheerleaders following suit.

"Yay! If that's okay. I gotta know which way to go, c'mon gimme a sign," Ben sang as he rocked back and forth on the stand, Emily and the tourney champions copying his movements.