✿ TO BE HEARTBROKEN ✿

ALAIA

It hurts.

I rubbed my ankle and groaned in pain. I'm really clumsy and stupid and let's not talk about the fact that I was in my lala land and was about to take cheesecake out of the refrigerator when I stumbled.

What I'm going to do now? I can't even get up on my feet and I really don't want to spend my whole day on the bed. I'm always bored not having much to do anyways and now this —

And my sour mood. I couldn't sleep a wink last night not because I was in pain. Agastya gave me painkillers but I was irritate by the way he behaved. I mean why I can't I be nice to him? Isn't him doing the same to me? He's nice to me all the time, not for once he made me feel like I don't belong in his house, he took my side infront of family, he took me to doctor when I was having unbearable period pain, he did it all; it was him being so good to me that I started having feelings for him.

I'm not blaming him, it was my choice to romanticise my emotions for him but can't I atleast do the bare minimum for him? I'm nice to him because he's the same to me. Then why did it bother him?

I sighed.

Why I'm behaving like this? I should be the one to understand him, no? Then why do I want to be selfish? Sometimes, I wonder isn't human mind the cause of all the dilemmas in the world? When I read him writing about Zoya, I empathise with him. It's like I can feel his pain and deep down I'm very well aware that I were at his place, I too would've done the same; loving the person who promised me forever even if they're gone. But then there's another side of me which wants to be selfish, which expects some sort of feelings for him even if it's not whole.

All the time I'm in dilemma whether to be someone who can understand his pain or to be the person to ease his pain. And no, I can't do both because this isn't some old Bollywood movie and I'm definitely not the selfless person.

Take a deep breath, Alaia.

Maybe not having a good sleep made me cranky.

I heard a faint knock on the door. I quickly smoothen my hair and waited for Agastya to step inside.

“How are you?” He asked, walking to me with a food tray in his hand.

“Slight pain but I'm okay.” I replied.

He put the tray infront of me and nodded.

“You don't have to—”

“How were you going to eat the breakfast then?” He cut me in middle.

“I could've asked one of the staff....” I countered, not feeling the urge to sugarcoat my words.

“Eat or else the sandwiches will turn soggy.” He said, stretching out a smile on his face which was not genuine as far as I know him.

“Mhmm.” I hummed and took a bite of the potato sandwich. Savoury and spicy taste drifted over my taste buds and I mentally noted to ask the cook to make these again.

“Meanwhile, let me tie an elastic bandage on your ankle. It'll ease out the pain.” He gestured at my feet.

My breath caught up in my throat. “Uh, it's okay. I'll do it by myself.”