So He Is That Bad

Chapter One:
Rosie Mae's POV

"You're going to like him. Don't be so nervous, baby." Blake says to me with a reassuring smile before returning his attention to the food in front of him.

I had been dating blake for almost a year now. Things seemed to be perfect. There isn't a logical complaint that I could make about the relationship. Blake only wanted to make me happy and he made that clear to me every day.

A few months into our relationship, I met his parents who were wonderful. His mom's a nurse and his dad's a lawyer. They lived in a nice and loving home. It was something I was jealous of, I can't lie. Being that my dad left when I was little, leaving just me, my sister and my mom...I never experienced a home like that.

My mom began to struggle with addiction soon after my dad left, leaving my older sister Ally to look after me. Ever since, it's been a never ending story of, "I'm going to get clean." "I have a meeting tomorrow." "This time I'm really doing it."

At some point, ally and I stopped listening and stopped believing. It was an unsaid thing, the relationship we had with our mom just slowly faded without a word.

Blake's house became somewhat of a safe space for me. A home away from home. Sometimes I even liked to pretend that my house was the place I was visiting, not Blake's and his parents were my parents instead of my absent mother.

"I'm worried about him liking me." I tell Blake. "I don't want your brother to hate me or something."

"Why would he hate you?" He asked me with a laugh, clearly amused by my worried expression. "He's kind of standoffish anyway. He will either like you or not care that I have a girlfriend."

Blake's brother Eric is coming home from college for winter break in just a few days. I really just wanted everyone in his family to like me. His brother was the last person in his immediate family that I had to meet. I had heard stories about his attitude problem, and his trouble making ways. I wouldn't be surprised if he immediately hated me for no reason at all. Though I wasn't going to make hating me easy for him either.

"Oh my gosh" Faith said as she sat down at the lunch table across from Blake and I. "Are you talking about Eric again?!" Her eyes lit up at the thought. "What I would do to get my hands on that man."

Blake gave a look of disgust. "He's only here for the break and no, Faith...you can't come over and hit on him. Besides, he's twenty two...he's not interested in a senior in high school."

She rolled her eyes and mumbled, "you never know..."

"I do know." He corrected her, taking a bite of his sandwich.

Faith was notorious for jumping from guy to guy. She was definitely what you'd call boy crazy. As much as I tell her to either get into a relationship or stay single, she doesn't want to listen. But Blake was right, there was no way some college guy would go for a high schooler. Faith was jailbait. She knows it. She loves it.

Faith and I were also polar opposites. Her being sultry, charming, and absolutely gorgeous...whereas I'm shy, to myself, and blend into a crowd no matter how hard I try not to. For some reason we just clicked when sat next to each other in class our freshman year. We weren't like most high school friendships that are drama filled, never wavering our love and trust in one another.

In a lot of ways, she was also my safe space.

"He can totally get us into college parties though." Faith stated as she began digging into her food, flipping her blond hair over her shoulder, out of the way. "Rosie and I really want to go to one. I hear they're so much better than our lame high school ones." She scoffs with a shake of her head at the thought.