✿⁠ TO BE PRODUCTIVE ✿⁠

ALAIA

“Are you upset with me?” Agastya asked.

I forrowed my brows in confusion. “No?” And then I realised that it's only five in the evening. He's back this early from the office?

He licked his dry lips then gave me a small nod. “Then why didn't you recieve my call?”

“You called me?” I mumbled reaching for my phone.

There were three missed calls from him. And couple of text messages. I quickly unlocked my phone to read them.

“How's your leg?”

“Do you want anything? I mean do you want to go grocery shopping?”

“Why aren't you answering my calls?”

“Are you ignoring me?”

“I-I'm so sorry. My phone was on silent mode.” I said, mentally facepalming myself for not being able to see his texts and calls.

Hold on— did he return this early just because he thought I'm upset with him? What in the world is happening? And God, I slept for straight three hours.

I rubbed my eyes and turned the television off. “Are you hungry? I can make something—”

“So, you're not upset with me?” He rubbed the back of his neck.

“No, I'm not, Agastya.” I said holding back my smile.

“Okay. I—I'll go and freshen up.” He went upstairs.

I looked at his messages again and butterflies jumped in my stomach.
“I don't want you to get your heart broken.” I mimicked him and then giggled, gazing at his picture on my wallpaper.

I swear if I don't get these random mood swings then I might not feel sad and stupid. I mean when I'm in good mood then everything feels sorted but God forbid when I don't get proper sleep or when I'm starving, I turn cranky and start overanalyzing everything.

I turned on the TV screen and resumed the movie Kal ho naa ho.

When Agastya said to me that he had watched old Bollywood movies of Sharukh Khan, I made this thing in mind that I'm going to watch them all so that if someday we happen to watch any movie together, I could suprise him by saying that— Oh, I've seen this before. Also, he acted that time as if he's way older than me.

I snickered.

“Oh, hey. You're back.” I waved at him once he returned.

He waved back at me awkwardly. Inhaling a deep breath, he came to sit next to me. “Tell me.”

“Huh?”

“Tell me more about you.” He added.

My eyes widened in suprise. I pointed my finger at myself and raised my brows. “Me?”