✿ TO BE RESPECTED ✿⁠

ALAIA

"Pretty pretty flowers." I said to myself, admiring the bunch of blue orchids which I've put inside a transparent vase and placed it on the nightstand.

If I don't control myself then I might end up doing a happy dance. I'm so much happy right now.

I clicked open my phone's camera and took some pictures of the flowers. They're going to be dried up in couple of days; their bright colour will fade and the fresh fragrance is going to disappear into thin air. They're temporary and maybe that's the reason why I never get tired of them. Flowers are something that tells alot about human lives.

I was lost in daydreaming when my phone rang. And a big part of me was happy that it could be Agastya but instead I got a call from my mother. My mouth twitched in distaste and I received it nevertheless.

"Hello?"

"Your sister-in-law is pregnant. We have a small ceremony today, don't forget to bring your husband." She spoke in a mechanical voice.

"I'll come." I said.

"Don't come alone. Everyone will gossip if you do so. Come with your husband." She spat.

Right. I'm the disgrace to their reputation but since I'm married to one of the richest man of the country, they're inviting me.

I breathed out and tapped my thumb over my thighs. It's a happy moment for my family and even though I don't want anything to do with them, I want to go there. I despise all of them but I want to go.

So, I texted Agastya.

Me : "Hey, just got to know that my sister-in-law is pregnant and there's a small ceremony today." I was about to ask for his permission but then I remembered that Agastya doesn't likes this. I've known him enough to know that he's not the kind of man who'd want his wife to take his permission for everything.

I'm not going to ask his permission however that doesn't mean, I shouldn't inform him about my whereabouts.

Agastya : "Do you want to go there?"

Me : "Yes."

Agastya : "Alright, I'll be back home by the evening."

I bit on my lips and debated whether to take him with me or not. I don't want to bother him but- I don't know.

Me : "You don't have to, you know if you're not comfortable."

Agastya : "You aren't comfortable to visit your house either, Alaia. Get ready by five."

A big smile curved on my lips. And then he says things like- don't expect anything from me. How can I not, Agastya? How can I expect nothing from you when you're already giving me hope that I also deserved to be treated with dignity? Because before you, I never had hope.

I spent rest of the day watching videos on YouTube and going through various sites to get an idea about how to run a bakery. It was too thrilling because in couple of days, I'm going to work.

Both me and Agastya are going to return home at night, being tired and sleepy but then we'd see each other at dinner. I'll tell him about my day that how hectic it was and I'll ask him about his day. We'd eat dinner together, share conversations and then after that we'll watch some movies together.

God, I'm so excited. It'll be like all those romance series where the leads steal a moment of their time together at dinner after a tiresome routine.

I jotted down few things in the notebook and then decided to get ready. I scanned my cupboard, wondering what to wear and then my mind took me back to the time when they a humiliated me for wearing western clothes after my brother dragged me back from the club. I clenched my jaw and took out some fancy saree along with a crop top kind of blouse. Sleeveless with spaghetti straps.