you look so pretty and i love this view

I'm dating Kyoya.

"... Oh?"

Mei and Shizuka are best friends, she's been to his house, he's been to her house. They know each other's parents. Chidori was kind to her, yes, but Mei's parents absolutely adored Shizuka. They were probably the most doting couple Shizuka's ever seen.

They treat him like their own son, making sure that their maids cook plenty of food when Shizuka comes over, even though he will get full. They wash his clothes when he sleeps over. Himari and Arisa, Mei's parents, even invite him to important family events.

Shizuka guesses they treat him this way because he knew how much they wanted a son. Don't get The Chiba's wrong, they love their two daughters, but they always wanted a boy. So they invite him over to anything he can attend.

Which is why he is at Mei's estate right now, having a sleepover, which Himari, Mei's dad, insisted on having. It was late at night, and Shizuka already was in his spare futon next to Mei's bed. She was in her bed lying on her stomach, looking down at Shizuka with a dimmed lamp shining on him so she could tell what he was signing.

And she had just gotten told he was dating Kyoya Ootori.

Shizuka frowned warily, his nerves going haywire. Was Mei mad? He knew she didn't really like Kyoya, and vice versa, but Mei knew he was gay. He knew she was a lesbian. Did she have a problem with who he was with?

Mei?

"I'm sorry," Mei chuckled, sitting up on her elbows. "You're dating Kyoya?"

Shizuka nodded.

If anyone was wondering or worrying, Shizuka asked Kyoya if he could tell Mei, and he got the okay.

"How long?"

About two weeks... you're the first to know.

She grinned. "I'm honored. Good for you. As long as he treats you right and... all that good stuff, I don't know. I've never been in a relationship."

Yeah, me neither. We're still figuring things out, but so far, so good.

"That's all that matters, then. Just make sure you're happy." she said, reaching over and turning off the lamp. "Go to bed, we've got that 'Sunday Brunch'! tomorrow with the Danno's they were so excited throwing."

Shizuka turned the lamp on again.

You're sure I can go?

Mei turned off the lamp.

"Yes, you were invited."

Shizuka turned the lamp on.

What do I wear?

"Sunshine!" Mei laughed, ruffling his hair. "This isn't the first time you're meeting them, it'll be fine." She turned off the lamp, one last time. "Just get some sleep, you wake up early anyway, we'll figure out what you can wear then."

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

"Shizuka and I are in romantic relations."

"What!?"

Tamaki and Kyoya are best friends. Sure, Kyoya didn't think they would be as close as they are now back in middle school. He was just trying to befriend Tamaki because his father said so. But now they're here in high school, personified as the "mommy" and "daddy" of The Host Club.

They were in class, but thank goodness no one was there yet, it was early in the morning. If anything, Kyoya was surprised Shizuka wasn't here. Shizuka would mostly be in the music room if he would ever be early, but he would also sometimes be here, too.