Chapter - 11 Gautam met ranjini

"Ek ajnabi hasina se ,Yun mulaqat ho gayi
Phir kya hua yeh na puchho,Kuch aisi baat ho gayi.."

~!!!Author POV!!!~

"Only one please," Devika begged almost for the sixth time.

Ranjini again shook her head and in no and said in her stern voice, "Are you going insane, Devi? You've already had five tubs of ice cream, and now you want one more?"

"Only one," She again begged, and now Ranjini had to nod. What more could she do with her? Devika was stubborn.

Ranjini was finding her phone, but then she remembered that she forgot her phone in the scooter.

"Devi, I forgot my phone in the scooty. What if Papa calls? I just came back to get it,"

She said to Devika, who nodded in understanding.

Ranjini parked her scooter across the road, so she went towards her scooter and opened the scooter's bonnet to take out her phone.

She thanked God when there was no missed call from her parents, but there was one from a number.

She placed her phone in her jeans' pocket and started crossing the road while thinking about him.

She felt guilty about not picking up his call. It's not like he complains; he never does. He's a real gentleman, putting in so much effort to make her feel special. But those efforts didn't flatter her heart, didn't erupt butterflies in her stomach.

Her chain of thoughts was broken when she heard the horn of a big vehicle, a car, coming towards her because she was in the middle of the road.

Her eyes widened when realization hit her hard. The car was so close to her.

She closed her eyes out of fear, but before the car could touch her body, a hand pulled her towards him and towards the other side of the road.

She felt numb, not feeling any movement. She felt like she was already dead, but when she heard a manly, angry voice, she knew that she was alive.

She took two long breaths, still with closed eyes.

"Choti bachi ho kya aese road cross karogi, park samjh ke rakha hai, ya zindagi ke koi value hi nahi hai tumhe?" Gautam scolded her because he was so angry.

When he saw her, she was in between the road, and the car was speeding. He was afraid like hell, no one paying any attention to her. Everyone was busy in their work. He ran towards her to save her.

He also took some breaths of relief, but his anger was not calmed.

How could he be calm? She was so irresponsible. What if something happened to her? But he waited for her to open her eyes.

She slowly opened her eyes, and he just started losing himself in them.

Those two beautiful eyes he had never seen in brown. Her face was glowing in the sunlight, that little nose.

But he came back to his senses.

"Pagal ho, nahi na fir samjhadaari kaha hain, agar aese road cross karne lagi na to jyada din jee nahi paogi samjhi?" Gautam scolded her again.

But when he saw her tears continuously flowing from her eyes, his anger lessened, and when he saw her sobbing, the anger was no more within him.

He calmed down and came back to his usual self.

But for Ranjini, the moment she opened her eyes and saw his face, tears started forming in her eyes.

She never thought that this is how they would meet, him scolding her. But his scolding was also cute to her.

The boy she wanted to forget now looked even more handsome as a man. The eyes that never saw her were glaring at her in anger.

Her eyes started watering, thinking all about this, her current situation, and she thought she couldn't hold on anymore and she sobbed aloud.

She wanted someone to hold her and cry. Seeing her cry, he didn't know what he could do.

He saw a flower shop nearby, went there, bought a rose for her, and came back towards her.

"Dekhiye, please roiye mat, maine aap ko isliye datta kyuki mujhe apki fikr thi, mera aapko rulaane ka koi irrada nahi tha," he said in his softest voice, maybe he never used it in his life, forwarding a rose.

He didn't understand why he was giving her a rose.

Seeing him ask for forgiveness, she didn't want to make him feel more guilty,

so she wiped her tears with the back of her hand and said in a slow voice,

"Hum aapki wajah se nahi ro rahe hain, or aap maafi na mange, hume to apko thankyou bolna chahiye, aapne hamari jaan bachayi hain. Thank you so much."

"Thank you ki jarurat nahi hai bas agli baar thoda sambhal kar road cross kijiyega," he said, forwarding the rose towards her.

Her attention shifted towards the rose, and she slowly took the rose from his hand and left from there to the ice cream parlor.

He was still standing there, wondering what had just happened.

Devika noticed Ranjini's crying face; she had already paid the bill.

"What happened, Jiini?" Devika asked, concerned.

"I can't take it anymore. Let's go home. I want to tell you everything," Ranjini replied, and Devika understood the seriousness of the situation.

But at the door, Gautam was entering, and the girls were exiting. Devika was so worried about Ranjini that she didn't notice anyone.

Gautam saw Ranjini, but she didn't make any eye contact with him.

Gautam ordered two ice creams for himself and Verdant.

When he went outside, he noticed his car and his friend were missing.

"What the hell is happening today?" he thought.

He took out his phone from his jeans pocket and called Shravan, speaking sternly, "Where are you, idiot?"

"Why are you so angry, bro? I'm at home, why?" Shravan replied lazily, as he was sleeping on the sofa.

"Because your so-called demon will take my favorite car, I don't know where, and I am standing here on the road with his favorite ice cream," he replied.

Shravan was lying on the sofa, but after hearing Gautam, he fell on the ground, laughing, and replied to Gautam,

"Hahaha...Aap.....The Gautam Anand... hahaha.... was..... standing...hahaha
..... in the....hahaha...... road with ice cream." Gautam's anger rose hearing his laughter.

"If you don't stop laughing, I'll make sure to burn you and Verdant along with his precious Thar," Gautam threatened half-seriously.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming," Shravan said between laughs before hanging up.

After cutting the call he turned on the mobile data and found Verdant's message. After seeing the word "emergency," he prayed for the well-being of his friend, of course not , his car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear beloved readers,

Big thank you for diving into my latest chapter! Your love and support mean everything to me. Please do share your precious thoughts and feelings about the story. Your feedback is like gold to me!

With heartfelt gratitude,
Authormiya;)