Wrong Place. Wrong Time.

Chapter Three:
   Rosie Mae's POV

Time stood still as his dark brown, almost black eyes locked onto my blue ones. It was truly as if nothing else in the world existed. Like the two other men in the room weren't even there. I could hear the music blaring through the small room from the party downstairs, filling the thick and heavily silent air between us. A look of danger, curiosity and amusement rested easily behind his eyes.

My body was stiff, unable and not wanting to make any move. I could feel the sweat building from underneath my clothes out of fear and anticipation. The man may have been the most handsome man I had ever seen in real life and on television. He also might've been the scariest person I had ever seen.

Upon entering the room, it was hard to miss the scene I entered myself in. One of the men was kneeled in front of the brown eyed man, the man evidently in charge. The knelt man had a sense of pride and fear written on his face, as if scared in knowing what is about to happen but not allowing that brown eyed man to get the satisfaction of seeing him shake. Another man stood in the corner, leaning back against the wall behind him, evidently unbothered as he lightly puffed on a cigarette. The man in the corner wore the same amused expression.

My gaze fell on the shiny black pistol that rested lazily by his side in the man's hand who stood over the knelt one. I didn't have to see the gun to know what I got myself into. The aura in the room made that abundantly clear to me. The gun was just the nail in the coffin, letting me know that my chances of getting out of this maybe even alive is slim to none.

"Wrong place...wrong time." The man in charge said in a velvet smooth, but taunting tone. His voice and demeanor made my skin crawl. I drew into myself as much as I possibly could, feeling substantially small and meek.

My mouth opened up to say something but no words escaped, not quite knowing what to even say. I guess starting by begging for my life would suffice but I was trembling and my brain felt jumbled.

"Maybe we should reassess the situation." The man in the corner suggested with the slightest of shrugs. It seemed more like he didn't care what the outcome would be but said it anyways. "I told you this shit would happen."

Eyes darting between the three men, my mind began to take the moment I had to brainstorm possible escapes or just an easy way out of the room. It felt impossible in the small bedroom they all stood in. The bed took up most of the space in the middle of the room, only accompanied by a large dresser and night stand. The space between the group of them was very minimal. I'd never make it to the door before being grabbed.

I could either just stand here as I currently am and try nothing to save myself...or I could take the only chance I had and at least attempt to make it out of the room and disappear into the crowd of people partying. I what to at least try.

"It's nothing I can't handle. Relax." The man responded.

Lord knows I'm not the fastest runner or most agile person, I'm actually quite clumsy. Though I gave it my best shot, spinning around on my heal and letting my feet launch me to the door.

My breaths came out heavily as I fumbled for the door handle. I didn't even think to look behind me, not wasting a single second to swing this door wide open and escape the mysterious men.

It was clear to me that the man was in no rush as I heard his heavy footsteps hit the floor in a slow stride from behind me. Just As the door clicked, ready for me to leave, I saw a large hand place itself over the door, simply and slowly closing it.

I could feel the large man standing directly behind me, close enough to feel the heat radiating off his body and onto my already sweaty one. His breaths were steady, letting me know his is not phased by my attempt to escape. My eyes bore into the door and my stance stood stiff as a board as I felt the man's free hand grip my arm tightly, beginning to turn me to face him.