✿ TO BE NOTICED ✿

ALAIA

"Why are they coming here?" I asked, not liking the thought of my so called family's decision to come here at Agastya's house and meet me. I know obviously it's a lie, why in the world would they want to meet me? My father had already made sure to disown me.

"I don't know, I recieved your mother's call and all she said that if she can visit us." He replied, sipping on his coffee.

I made a sour face. "Okay."

He shifted his eyes to me. "If you don't want-"

"No. It's okay." I cut him in middle.

I played with the food in my plate, Dosa became tasteless all of a sudden. I grabbed the cup filled with tea and sip only to find it unsweetened. I pushed saliva down my throat and look at Agastya who was busy reading the newspaper. My heart skipped a beat remembering his letter; where he mentioned about me. And ever since then my mind is feeding me with delusions that someday I happen to experience a tiny corner in his heart. Obviously, he is never going to feel the same for me as he does for Zoya but I'd be more than happy if he offers a little bit of his emotions to me. I don't know how to explain this but coming from the girl who not for once experienced anyone's warmth, Agastya is like heal to all her bruises.

"Why are you nibbling with your food?" He asked.

I shook my head, now looking at the rush inside the kitchen by the house helpers. He had asked them to prepare an extravagant lunch for my family.

"I'm not hungry, I guess." I shrugged, sipping the tea.

"You shouldn't skip your meals. You're already on medications- are you taking them on time?" He asked, suddenly remembering about my endometriosis.

"Yes." I flushed.

"Good. Now finish your breakfast."

"I-I....don't feel like eating." I breathed out.

"Please make those potato sandwiches which was made few days back." He called out the cook and instructed him.

"No, no- it's fine..."

"And make some-" He turned to me. "Orange juice or apple juice?"

I opened my mouth to deny him for either of the two but he gave me stern look.

"Anything would be fine." I forced a smile at the cook.

"If you don't like the food then tell them to make something else. Don't skip your meals. Take care of your health." He said.

I swallowed down a smile. "How did you know that I like those potato sandwiches?"

He shrugged. "You have this habit of enjoying the food when you like it or else you-" He gestured towards my plate which had uneaten food.

Should I tell him that he's the first one to notice all these little things about me?

At my house, I was asked to cook the food which my brother preferred and even if I hated it- for instance I never liked poha but I had to eat the same. I remember this one time asking my mother to make Kheer on my birthday when I was a kid but instead she said that brother isn't fond of it. So, she ended up making sweets that he loved.