✿ TO BE TIRED ✿

ALAIA

“Uh...what?” My eyes widened in suprise.

Destroy the world for me?

He licked his dry lips and sat on the couch rubbing his face with both of his hands in frustration. “You're suprised with this, I wonder what you're going to do if you get to know what goes through my head?” He spoke in a barely audible voice. “Something's happening to me— I can't explain it to you because I don't understand it either but....” He exhaled a breath. “Come here.”

“O-Okay.” I sat next to him. He grabbed the box of medicines and took out an ointment. Gently he applied it to the side of my cheeks. His jaws clenching again as he see the finger imprint on it.

“Does it hurt?”

I shook my head. “It doesn't.” Not more than my brother calling me whore.

“Tell me what happened? Why did he—” He closed his mouth in middle.

“I told them that I can't ask you to give them money. Then my sister-in-law said that I'm shameless, I don't care about my family. She said that I was involved in an immoral act and damaged their reputation, so I replied to her that why they have to put their reputation on me,why not on brother? Then I had an argument with my brother, I said to him that I wish he doesn't have a daughter or else she'll suffer to which he called me whore and said that if he has a daughter like me then he's going to kill her. I called him and my family sick to which he slapped me.” I shrugged, pretending that it wasn't a big deal.

His lips twitched in distaste but he didn't say anything to which I was grateful.

“You shouldn't have given cheque to him. I didn't want you to spend your money on my family. It's embarrassing.” I confessed.

“I gave him the money because I don't want them to bother you again. You've had enough of your family, if you want you can always get in touch with them but I hope you do not.” He said, straightforwardly.

I nodded. You get me like no-one else, Agastya.

“It felt good when my brother apologised to me.” I whispered.

“Do you want me to do something ? I can make him get on his knees and apologize to you over and over again.” He said.

“No, no, it's fine.” I'm tired of everything, I just don't want to think about any of them. I hate my family and now that I look back and then see a man like Agastya, I despise them even more. The blood of patriarchy that's been seeping through their veins never actually let them care for me. How vividly I remember my father telling me that if he had known that my mother's pregnant with a girl child, he would've aborted me.

If they've treated me same sa my brother, given me equal opportunity, I would've supported them financially by doing a decent job. When my brother was admitted in an ICSE board school, I was made to attend the regional board government school which wasn't co-ed and where the fee was bare minimum. Many of the days it happened that the teacher didn't come to classes, let's not talk about the studies. My brother was never good at studies; he failed in his classes yet after completing his twelfth, my father took a loan to send him to Kota for JEE preparations. He stayed there for two years and then another loan for him to get him admitted to a private Engineering college.