✿ TO BE EMBARRASSED ✿

ALAIA

I rubbed my eyes, yawning a little as I woke up. My head felt heavy but it was bearable. I stared at the ceiling for a moment only to realise that Agastya was sleeping on the chair next to my bed.

I blinked, blurred memories of last night hitting me. I had fever, then I puked— Ah, God, he flushed my vomit down the sink and I let him do it? My face burned in embarrassment. Creasing my forehead I mentally scolded myself but then I looked at him. Side of his face resting on his shoulders in an painfully uncomfortable position but his eyes shut in a pleasant sleep.

I smiled to myself and leaned for him to touch his soft hair. I played with them for awhile cautiously not wanting to wake him up. It felt good. The thought of him taking care of me for whole night, although I don't remember much but I'm happy that he was bothered about me.

“Aren't you cute, Mr. Singhania?” I whispered to myself, grinning at him.

“Am I, Mrs. Singhania?”

My eyes widened at his voice and I quickly pulled my hand away from his hair. My heart fasten and I flushed.

Why I always get caught up in these situations?

I bit my tongue in embarrassment and tried to look everywhere but him.

“How are you feeling now?” He asked, clearing his throat.

“F-Fine.”

“Take a warm shower and get ready, I have a suprise for you.” He said with a tight smile and left the room.

I released a shaky breath and had an urge to bang my head against something.  You're an idiot, Alaia.

I get up and stood under the shower. My hair sticking to my neck due to sweat. Did he tell me to get a shower because I was stinking?

Oh, shut up. This isn't the time to overthink. I shook my head and stepped out of the shower. I wore a green saree and tied my hair up in a lazy bun. Changing my glass bangles, I decided to go downstairs, my mind bursting with curiosity. What suprise was he talking about?

I found him already seated on the dinning. As soon as he saw me, he called the cook. “What do you want to have for breakfast?”

Plain Dosa and Elaichi Chai.”  I said, my stomach craving for it all of sudden.

He raised his brows. “You didn't like Dosa yesterday.”

I pulled out my chair. “It depends on my mood.”

He nodded as if he was mentally jotting it down.

Next we ate our breakfast and after that he gestured me towards the door. “Let's go.”

“To where?” I couldn't help but ask.

“Suprise.” He shrugged.

I followed him to his car and I was about to open the backdoor before he stopped me by opening the passenger's door. A knot formed in my stomach but digesting my suprise expression, I sat inside.

This is the first time I'm sitting next to him while he's driving the car. And strangely it isn't awkward between us. He's comfortable and maybe that's what matters the most to me. I don't want him to force himself for anything when it comes to me. I don't want a relationship that's based on lie and discomfort. I'd be okay even if he stays friends with with me but it has to be genuine from his side.