✿ TO BE HIS EFFORTS ✿

ALAIA

"One truffle pastry and some orange cookies, please." A familiar voice entered my ear.

I looked up only to find Anaya there with a big smile on her face. I quickly put her order in a tray and after grabbing two cups of coffee, I told the staffs to attend the counter. We both sat at the corner table and I grinned at her. "Thankyou so much for coming to my bakery." I said.

She waved her hands. "Nah, the pleasure's all mine."

"Agastya opened this bakery and flower shop for me." I told her, proudly.

She wriggled her eyebrows. "Uh-huh, someone's blushing."

I playfully rolled my eyes at her but couldn't ignore the warmth in my stomach. "I think I like him." I confessed, first time voicing out my feelings.

"No, shit. You like your husband." She acted all suprised and then burst out laughing.

I narrowed my eyes to which she threw her hands up in the air. "Okay-Okay. I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sure that I like him so very much, Anaya." I added.

"Did you tell him?"

I shook my head at her question. "He has already told me from the start not to expect anything from him."

"And you're not sad about it because?"

I shrugged. Because I know him. I know about his broken heart that mourns for it's lover.

"But he cares about you. I've seen it in his eyes that he can do anything for you, Alaia." She smiled, passing me a spoonful truffle pastry.

I ate it from her hand. "He has already done everything for me." I said, looking around the bakery full of people.

There was rush, some buying flowers while others enjoying baked goods. The whole scene looks like some beautiful dream.

I gushed at the thought that someday Agastya is going to visit here as a customer and I'd bake something delicious for him. He'd offer to pay but I'll put up a bright smile and tell him that it's on the house. He'd sit next to the window and - Oh, his taste buds aren't much fan of sweetness. So, I'll bake him some sour cream cheese cookies and a cup of black coffee that he usually prefer. And then I'd see him enjoying the cookies and maybe he'd wink at me to which I'll blush.

Geez, Alaia. Don't start again with the daydreaming.

Anaya complimented my pastries and then we talked for couple of minutes. Sun was already settling down, so she waved me goodbye and left not before clicking a picture of us with the banner of my bakery in the background. She said that she's going to post this on social media. I just nodded as I had not much idea about it anyways.

I opened the cash counter and smiled. Grabbing some money from it, I stepped out of the bakery. Looking around, I saw the big side of the society; classy people and luxurious shops. I frowned looking back at money in my hands, I don't have that much money to afford anything from here. All these giant brands but only couple of thousands in my hands.