Chapter 54 - Nightmarish Dream

The bodies of her loved ones and alliances were scattered and covered in blood. Felicia gasped as she saw the faces she loved and cared for, all to be lifeless.

Their limbs were torn apart, bodies mangled. And their hearts went missing from their ribcages.

Sarah, Maven, Danial.

Lifeless.

Sylvia, Anastasia, Arthur.

Bodies ripped like it was torn by a bear.

"No, no... This can't be." The creator breathed. She raked her fingers through her hair, but only to feel a bigger sensation on her head. Something was more massive than her usual hand.

She brought her hands to her eyes and witnessed paws that replaced her palm. Bloody paws with claws protruding, sharpened like a knife. The blood was still fresh, the scent hurt her nose.

"No! No!"

Denial always refused to believe.

"Poor Felicity... You just don't get it do you?" Said a teasing, static voice.

Felicia whipped around, trying to find the voice that mocked. Eyes darting to every corner. Her dragon tail swayed side to side, whisking away trails of blood that it used to choke the necks of her victims.

"I didn't do this!" She yelled, grasping her head. She shook from side to side, trying to remember when and how it happened. She couldn't think, how she got here, it all felt real. The smell, the touch, everything was real.

"Oh, but you did."

The creator shifted to the voice that emanated to her side, but only to meet with a single mirror.

Terror took her nerves, she felt disgusted with her appearance even. Her horns, her razor-sharp teeth, her black paws, her jaguar patterns scattered over her skin. The pulsating eyes of murder, only seeing souls that should never been reaped. She wished she had been something different, she wished to return to her old state.

She didn't want to be a monster.

"Look at you, you did this all by yourself. Soon you will kill them all, you'll wipe your own kind." Echoed the voice. "You'll eat the souls of your loved ones.

"No... I- I won't!" Felicia fought back.

"Including him."

Felicia's heart skipped a beat, and she felt a jolt of electricity run through her body. She stood frozen for a moment.

"Him?"

The atmosphere was heavy, and there was an eerie stillness in the air She turned her head to the side, her eyes scanning the the bodies with an almost fearful intensity.

Her gaze was fixed on a spot in the distance finally. A spot she wished to unsee.

There he was, the once wagging tail of joy now stood still. His body lay flat on the cold floor, blood stained his clothes. The glistening of his hazel eyes was now gone, lifeless as if the sun disappeared. His lips were pale, never forming a curl of smile that brightened her day.

"No... No...! I would never!" She retorted. Her pawed feet back away, only to be tripped by a body. She fell to her back, her gaze never leaving her unrequited lover's body.

"I... Wouldn't hurt him..." She muttered, her breath began to get heavy and shallow. "I can't hurt him..."

The voice finally found its face as Naomi finally appeared after a swirl of black fog and butterflies, "You're so in denial." She smirked, her eyes were shining purple and pulsating. Her face wore a menacing smirk as she looked down on her.