but i always think about the past

When Shizuka got up in the morning and went to the bathroom to take a shower, he didn't expect to get a phone call in the middle of it. And the ringtone wasn't familiar at all, because he hated phone calls and told anyone he had in his contacts to just text him. He hoped it was for a damn good reason as he turned the shower off and grabbed his towel, wrapping it around his waist as he rushed into his room.

He picked up his phone and looked at the picture, seeing Tamaki's stupid face on it. He sighed and grumbled to himself for a second before he answered. Before he could even get one syllable out, all he heard was:

"SHE'S GONE!"

Shizuka hissed and pulled the phone away from his ear.

"My beloved daughter has vanished off the face of the earth! She must've been kidnapped by a band of gypsies. I know it. Contact the police! We have to request an emergency deployment of the SDF!"

"Wait, slow down, you're not making any sense." Shizuka hears Hikaru from the group call say. He sounded tired, Tamaki must've woken him up. "Now what?"

...

"What do you mean Haruhi's gone?"

"Huh? So Haru-Chan is really missing?" Honey asks.

"And her family is bankrupt." Mori says.

"It's the only explanation!" Tamaki yells. "I've been trying to get through to her home phone and her father's work for the past several days and no one will answer!"

Shizuka closed his eyes, hand shaking as he grips onto his phone. There goes Tamaki once again, immediately jumping to conclusions. Didn't he learn anything from when they visited Haruhi's house?

Shizuka knew where Haruhi was, Kyoya told him. Well, Haruhi did, too, but he heard from his partner first. He did find it a bit strange, but he didn't question it.

"Shizuka! Shizuka are you here? Do you know what happened to my little girl!?" Tamaki cries.

He brings his phone closer to him.

"I know."

"..."

"HAS SHE BEEN KID-"

"Not to interrupt your delusion but... Haruhi is currently in Karuizawa." Kyoya said.

It was silent for a brief moment, and Shizuka thought Tamaki would finally calm down. But...

"Haruhi was turned out of her home, kidnapped by gypsies, and forced into servitude! In Karuizawa?"

Shizuka hung up.

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

Now he was here, sitting in the passenger seat of Kyoya's car. Both of their bags were piled up in the trunk. Shizuka crossed his arms as a displeased expression crossed over his face.

Kyoya glanced at Shizuka, before looking back at the road. "Well, don't look too happy, Shizuka."

Shizuka rubbed his eyes, his shoulders slumping. "I-I just don't understand why we have to drop everything and rush off because Tamaki jumped to conclusions again. Haruhi-... is perfectly capable of taking care of herself."

He rolled down the window to Kyoya's black car and fanned himself. "A-And it's so hot."

Kyoya took one hand off the steering wheel to place it on Shizuka's thigh, giving a reassuring squeeze. "You'll be fine." he drawls out.

Shizuka let out a deep breath and placed his hand on Kyoya's hand, feeling a little better that Kyoya didn't pull it away.

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗