005| 𝐌 𝐀 𝐑 𝐈 𝐀 𝐇

' FEBRUARY 28, 1984 '

los angeles, california - hayvenhurst

MARIAH RAN HER hand through the strands of her hair as she cut the water to her previous hot shower. Retrieving over to the sink of her bathroom, she grabbed onto the thick white robe that was folded neatly upon the counter and wrapped it securely around her damped body. From there, she grabbed hold of her bright pink toothbrush and submerged it under the water dripping from the faucet to her sink.

She began to brush her teeth, allowing the burning scent of mint to flow through her nostrils as the flavor followed in through the core of her mouth. After finishing her dental hygiene, she buried her face into the soft fabric of her face cloth, wiping away any signs of sleep in her eyes.

Shortly after she was done, she doubled the towel over the towel rack and cut the water off before making her way into the bedroom she shared with two of three of her sisters. "Ah. look who finally finished their two year shower" Janet teased as Mariah entered the room, taking in the cold but warm atmosphere.

The woman rolled her eyes before presenting a smile. "Please, I didn't even take that long" she said and walked over to where Rebbie stood, and placed a kiss to her left cheek.

"The lies you tell" Latoya intervened as she sat in the vanity mirror, getting a few facial touch ups from her makeup artist. Mariah shot her sister an intense but yet playful glare before rolling her eyes. "Toya, mind Toya's business" she retorts, hearing a few laughs and giggles from Rebbie and Janet.

"I'm only telling the truth" Latoya looked up through the mirror, getting a glimpse of her younger sister. "No one asked for it, though" Mariah smiled, watching as Latoya confidentially rolled her eyes.

Chuckling at the sight, Mariah sauntered over and placed a kiss onto her sister's foundation submerged cheek. "You look gorgeous"

Latoya smiled and pulled her sister into a tight side hug. "Thank you, my love"

"Okay, don't smudge her makeup now. I worked to hard on this" voiced Emily, the makeup artist for tonight. The two of them chuckled before Mariah slowly pulled away. "Sorry, Emily"

Emily only waved her off, signaling that it was okay before she went back to working on LaToya's hair. With that, Mariah walked over to where Janet sat in front of her mirror, with Rebbie sitting on the end while they too, were getting their makeup touched up by a few other artists that were hired. "So what's the game plan for today? I mean I know we have the Grammys but what about after?" Janet voiced while briefly looking over to Mariah.

"Well, I had plans for tonight with someone" said Latoya, as all eyes averted to her. "Ooh, you got a date?" Mariah probed, gaining an eye roll accompanied by a smile.

"I wouldn't say, a date but if that's what you want to call it then yeah" the girl responded, while trying to hide the smile she desperately wanted to show.