✿ TO BE HEALED ✿

ALAIA

“No, I haven't.” I replied.

“You never tried alcohol?” Anaya raised her perfectly shaped eyebrows at me.

“I'm not comfortable with it. I don't want to lose my consciousness.” I whispered.

After all I couldn't trust myself. After he drugged me, I don't trust myself enough. What if I enjoy it again if someone's forcing himself on me? I don't want to be called that filthy whore again.

“It's okay.” She smiled. “Manik, please ask a fruit drink for Alaia.” She directed her friend who nodded.

Lia, Manik and Anaya, the three of them clinked their beer bottle with my fruit juice. “Cheers.”

I smiled, looking around. Loud English music, people dancing like crazy, smell of sweat and perfume. Anaya had dragged me to the club to celebrate the opening of my bakery. At first I was reluctant after what happened the last time I came with her; my brother humiliated me infront of everyone. But since it was weekend and I had baking classes test, I had decided to close my bakery and flower shop today and after that in the evening both me and Agastya were watching movie together when I received a call from Anaya. I told her no in a heartbeat.

Then Agastya told me to go and enjoy with my friends. I hesitated but as if he was able to read my mind, he said that what happened last time with my brother will never happen again. And then he passed me an assuring smile which made me confident to accompany Ananya and her friends.

And that's how I'm here at the club. Anaya lended me her clothes; tight denim and satin shirt.

“Can you make a personalised cake for me? I'm going to impress my girlfriend with that.” Manik said to me, sipping down his beer.

“Yes.” I grinned.

“You've a girlfriend?” Anaya rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, some foreigner chic who's fucking beautiful.” Lia informed.

“You love her?” I couldn't help but ask.

“Not yet.” He shrugged.

“Ignore him. He's an ass. He gets new girlfriend every month.” Anaya hit him on his shoulder to which he yelped in pain.

I smiled, wholeheartedly. The friend circle which I'm also part of. I don't know how to explain this but having good friends is a beautiful feeling. I can enjoy, laugh and live freely with them.

“Let's have some fun, shall we?” Lia winked.

She called Arnav Khurrana and put the phone on speaker.

“Your wife is dancing with couple of men, Arnav.” She lied, making my eyes go wider in suprise.

“Lia, don't bother. Your friend is my wife, I know her very well.” He replied in a monotonous voice.

“Oh really? And what about this super sexy man who's continuosly hitting on her.” She swallowed a laugh and Anaya just chuckled.

“If that's you want, okay then. I'll send my bodyguards to the club.” And with that he ended the call.

Lia scrunched up her nose and stared at Anaya. “Your husband is a psychopath. He's no fun.”