✿⁠ TO BE SATISFIED ✿⁠

ALAIA

"It wasn't consensual. I was drugged that night."

My words echoed followed by a thick silence. I took a deep breath allowing myself to gather all the strength to tell him everything. I've never given the chance to share the raw bruises hidden beneath the thin layer of my heart and right now when I can tell him everything, I want to share every inch of my pain with him.

"I thought I loved him, it was finally nice to have someone in my life who loved me back even if he pretended. It was my decision to sleep with him, I wasn't forced into it. I wanted it because I thought what we had was real. But then one day, he told me that I'm so beautiful that his friends wants me to. I didn't realise what he meant, they were harmless words to me until he invited me to his place. There I saw four of his friends. I was uncomfortable and wanted to leave because the way their eyes roamed on me, it made me shiver in disgust. He told me that he's going to the kitchen, I wanted to clung to him so that I don't have to be alone with them. Nobody said anything until he returned and next I know, I woke up in the morning laying naked on the cold floor with bruises all over my body. And I realised what had happened with me. My mind replayed everything. If I was in my full consciousness, I would've atleast fought against them for raping me but he drugged me. It was as if I was numb that night, not being able to differentiate between right and wrong and the worst of all, I was enjoying everything."

I inhaled a deep breath before continuing. "Agastya, I'm not thoroughly educated, at first it didn't occur to me that I was raped. I had no idea that a person can be drugged where they lose their senses and be willing to anything and everything. I blamed myself for it. When I went to confront him, he slapped me and called me whore. I had no idea who to go, I wondered if I tell my mother will she understand my pain? I was scared and ashamed of myself. And then, my tape from that night was uploaded on the porn sites. Boys of college next to mine started asking me for my price to spend my nights with them. I tried explaining to them that I was drugged but no one believed me, Agastya. But then again how can I expect anyone to believe me when my own family disowned me when they get to know about my tape. My real brother with whom I've grown up called me names and slapped me for bringing humiliation upon the family. I tried to tell my mother my side of story but even she didn't believe me. My father slapped me continuously till I went unconscious. I was thrown out of the house while the men who did this to me were boasting among their friends." I told him. I told him all.

My heart heaving with pain and suffocation but strangely this time, I wasn't ashamed of myself. I was rather grateful for my heart to survive it all till today. The words I spoke out aloud to him, hit my ears too. It was as if the burden was lifting away from my chest.

But when I looked at Agasty, he didn't say anything to me just left the room.

***

"Alaia."

"Alaia."

I heard Agastya screaming my name from downstairs. I quickly rushed to him in confusion but the moment, I saw the scenario infront of me, I covered my mouth in disbelief.

Ritwik and all his four friends were on their knees with their hands tied on the back. Their face was brutally beaten. I wasn't even able to figure out who was who because of the bleeding nose and mouth. Their body had end number of bruises visible through the blood stains on their clothes.

"Come here." Agastya called me. My eyes meeting his and in them I saw nothing but pure rage. His clenched jaw twisting in anger as he sat on his knees to hit Ritwik again and again. His painful screams echoed every corner of the house.