✿⁠ TO BE EXCITED ✿⁠

ALAIA

“Ah.” I buried my face in the pillow and almost screamed in excitement.

I told him that I like him. I really did that. And my heart is going to burst open in happiness.

I was there in his arms, being able to hear the beating of his heart and in that moment, I couldn't help but tell him that he's the owner of my heart. I couldn't stop myself from expressing my feelings to him even if I didn't tell him all. Now we don't want to scare, Agastya, do we? If I had told her that I'm immensely in love with him, he would've fainted— hold on, I too would've fainted with him.

Calm down, Alaia. I told myself and grinned, playing the music on my phone.

Teri muskurahatein hain takat meri

Mujhko inhi se ummeed mili

Chahe kare koyi sitam yeh jahan

Inmein hi hai sada hifazat meri

Zindgaani badi khoobsurat hui

Jannat ab aur kya hogi kahin

I get up from the bed and twirled around with my hand pressed to my heart. Jo tu mera hamdard hai, suhana har dard hai.
I mouthed the lyrics, grabbing the pillow and dancing with it. I smiled brightly and turned to look myself in the mirror. My face blushing, profusely.

I tucked hair lock behind my ears and wondered Agastya doing the same to me. Him being so close to me, our eyes meeting for a brief pause and he'd smile softly. Then he'd tuck the hairlock behind my ear, leaning closer to me and then placing a kiss on my cheeks.

My God. I'll die with this much excitement.

I folded my arms over my chest and beamed at my reflection. You kissed him, Alaia. Can you believe this? You kissed your husband.

“Alaia, please don't expect anything from me.” I pretended to be him for a second then burst out laughing.

My Agastya is too precious for this world. He's mine, all mine. And I told him that I like him and I kissed him on the cheeks too.

I gushed, continuing to dance again on the song. Oh, the man he is. The one who hides so much of pain in his heart yet do everything to take care of mine.

I always wondered what it is to be loved but now I wonder how beautiful it is to love. To love someone wholeheartedly, with every inch of your nerves that even if they crush your heart into pieces, you'll continue loving them.

When the song ended, I decided to play another one but then a thought struck me. What if starts ignoring me from now on? What if he didn't like me kissing him? What if—

Before I could complete my train of thoughts, I heard the knock on the door.

I almost ran to the Door but then stood there for a moment to not show him that how desperate I'm. One. Two. Three. I opened the Door and my heart took a summersault.

“Alaia.”

My breath caught up in my throat as I see him walking inside and then he sat on the edge of the bed.