15. HANGOVER

A GROAN ARISES from [Name] as she slowly sits up on her bed. 'What happened...?' Her head is fine now, and her temperature was normal compared to yesterday. She could barely remember what happened. All she remembered was being enveloped in a warm hold—a hold she did not know she needed.

Multiple dings from her phone snap her out of her sleepy stupor, and widens her eyes as the Blue Lock TV comments strike up a storm on her smartphone. The comments made her eyes widen, so she clicks on them only to find camera footage of Kaiser carrying her off the field and through the halls.

@yukimiyasgf — AAAAA SOMEONE HELP

@noelnoa.unofficial — KAISAGI KAISAGI KAISAGI (NOT CLICKBAIT!!!)

@themonsterunderurbed🤭❤️‼️💪😭

@kunigamikinnikin — COUPLE GOALS I NEED THIS SO BAD

The girl gapes in horror.

"Oh, [Name]-chan~~!" Yuki calls out from her room with a cheeky smirk on her face. "Look what I just found out—Michael Kaiser and [Name] Isagi take BLTV by storm! Potential love on the soccer field?!"

She squeals, "Ah! I live for your romance! One of my all time fav tropes!!"

[Name] feels her cheeks flush with embarrassment as she reads through the comments, her heart pounding in her chest. 'Oh no...' she thinks, her mind reeling with panic at the thought of the entire Blue Lock community witnessing her vulnerable moment with Kaiser.

"Y-Yuki-san, it's not like that!" she stammers, her voice cracking with embarrassment. "Kaiser was just helping me because I wasn't feeling well!"

But her feeble protests fall on deaf ears as Yuki continues to gush over the supposed romance between her and Kaiser. "Come on, [Name]-chan, don't be shy!" Yuki chirps, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Everyone ships you two!"

"Ooh! There's fanart!! Fanart I tell you!!"

[Name] groans inwardly, feeling her cheeks burn with embarrassment as she tries to deny Yuki's claims. 'This is a disaster...' she thinks, her mind racing with thoughts of how she'll ever face Kaiser again after this humiliating ordeal.

'How am I supposed to face him?'

She gasps.

'HOW AM I GONNA FACE YOICHI?!'

'He'll be so disappointed in me!!'

[Name] feels her heart sink at the thought of facing Yoichi and the potential disappointment he might feel. She loves her brother!! She doesn't want him to hate her!!

"Don't worry about it, girl!" Yuki chirps, oblivious to [Name]'s inner turmoil. "You and Kaiser are so cute together! I'm sure Isagi-kun will understand once he sees how happy you are!"

"Happy?!"

"Yes?! You were practically snuggling toward his chest as he held you!" Yuki points to her evidence aka the camera footage.

But [Name]'s anxiety only deepens at Yuki's words, her mind consumed with worry over the potential consequences of her newfound 'romance' with Kaiser.

'What have I gotten myself into?' she thinks, her heart heavy with regret as she contemplates the fallout of her impulsive actions.

[Name]'s frustration boils over as she reflects on her embarrassing behavior while sick. 'Why did I have to get sick?! UGH STUPID IMMUNE SYSTEM!' she glowers, feeling a surge of annoyance at her own body for betraying her at such a crucial moment.