✿ TO BE GENTLE ✿

5K votes for the next chapter! Also guys please comment!

ALAIA

I looked around the fancy restaurant when we were escorted by the manager to the rooftop. I was in awe, the interiors were mesmerizing but the second we reached rooftop, I was flattered.

Under the moonlight, there were numerous tables, all filled with rich and classy people. But then there was a table at the corner under the huge tree. The branches of the tree were decorated with lights. The mahogany tiles and dim lighting made it absolutely breathtaking. I sat across Agastya on the table and found a small glass vase on center of the table with flowers in it.

I smiled and mentally noted down that I'm going to do the same in my Bakery.

“Excuse me.” Agastya called the waiter.
“Can you please change these flowers to orchids?” He pointed at the vase.

My heart fluttered.

Soon the vase was filled with multiple varieties of orchids. My heart was already hanging by a thread after what he told me— him having filthy thoughts about me. And now I couldn't stop myself from wondering what exactly came to his mind?

“Sir, Ma'am, the menu.” Another waiter came to us and passed a polite smile.

His eyes fell on Agastya's cheek which had the imprint of my lipstick. I bit on my lips and blushed, profusely.

Why didn't he wipe it off? Everyone's looking at him only.

I scanned through the menu and then turned my attention back to Agastya.
“I—I don't know a thing in this.” I whispered in a barely audible voice.

“I'll tell you.” He replied.

And then next, he explained to me about every single dish in the menu. Like what country's cuisine they're and how they taste. He was telling me everything so gently that I couldn't help but look at him in admiration. His voice was entering into my ear nevertheless but my thoughts were on him. He has no idea that how considerate he is to me, no? I don't know alot of things, sometimes even basics but he never acted as if it's something to be ashamed of.

This one time, I was humiliated by the family that came to see me for their son's marriage to me. They asked me if I'm aware about Japanese cuisine because apparently the guy with whom my marriage was about to be fixed, loved watching Anime. I didn't even know what's Anime at that time. When they get to know about this, they called me dumb and illiterate. They questioned my education even to the extent that my father ended up saying that I wasn't good in studies that's why I don't know much.
It wasn't my fault if I didn't know something even if it was trivial, I wasn't given the benefits of doubt to get to know about it. When the children of my age were laughing while watching cartoons on the television, I was asked to learn about housechores. Since I have to become a housewife someday.

But this man, he never thought of me as dumb. He tries to be gentle with me and elaborate the things which I don't know, not because someday I might end up humiliating him but because he genuinely wants me to know about it.

And then I thought that why it is so easy to love him?

“But it's texture is soft and— Alaia?” His voice dragged me back out of my trance.

“Huh?”

“Where were you lost?” He asked.

“Nowhere” I shrugged.

He crossed his hands above his chest and then leaned into the chair, his eyes never leaving mine. “Why I feel like there's a whole different world going inside your head?”