| 35 |

༊˚ 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ࿐

Y/N'S POV ::

He left me.

That's the thought that occurred in my brain long after Taehyung disappeared in his car and drove away. I stand in a parking lot, figuring out the situation. "Mrs Kim?" I blink my eyes at the new voice and see Paul, my new driver looking at me from the car. "Shall I take you home?" He questioned and I couldn't help the frown which appeared on my face.

We were supposed to leave together for dinner.

I should be mad at Taehyung but I'm not. All I can think about is his expression when he left. He was running, not caring about anything else in the world. It's not like he didn't want to see me but more like he could not see me because he was blinded by something that shone in his eyes. It wasn't a good sign. There's something probably wrong.

Is it some emergency?

I exhale a breath and get in my car before I pull out my phone and call him but Taehyung doesn't answer and the worry grips me at my throat. Paul drives at the normal speed while I sit in the back and stare at my phone, blankly. I didn't even think before I clicked on Jisung's contact. He picks up after a few rings. "Yes, Mrs Kim?" The politely asks. The fact that Jisung didn't accompany Taehyung means he didn't leave for work. It's something else. "Do you know where Taehyung is?"

A few beats of silence pass between us and I open my mouth to speak but his words cut in. "No. He was off to go with you." I tilt my head in confusion. "Okay." I hang up and grip my phone tighter. My eyes stare at nothing in particular but I suddenly feel the beat of my heart increasing. The unsettling feeling comes rushing and I find myself calling Taehyung once again but to no avail. I should go back to the penthouse, that's the wise decision because I know that he will come back and yet I couldn't do it. Instead, I scrolled the contacts and called Hye-young.

I'm sure she knows where Taehyung is.

I rub the fabric of pants with my fingers as I wait for my mother in law to answer the phone. "Hello?" Hye-Young answers after a few rings. "Mom.. Is Taehyung there with you?" I muttered. It took me time to get used to calling Taehyung's parents as mom and dad but now it slips easily from my tongue. "Taehyung? Are you not with him?" I nibble on my lips before replying. "No. Actually I had some work to finish so I guess he left early and forgot to inform me." I lie smoothly so she wouldn't stress about us.

"He must've forgotten to tell you, y/n." She sighed and only then I noticed the frantic voice of hers. She sounded tired. "Are you okay?" I questioned. "Yes, honey. I'm fine. It's about.. Taehyung's grandpa. He is sick and I called Taehyung so he must've left without informing you." My heart drops to the pit of my stomach at her words.