Friends With A Shy Transformer

"Talk"

'Thought'
_____________
"Hehe~"

In the middle of a random forest, somewhat far away from the public, two certain figures could be seen together, playing on top of the grass and messing with flowers. One of them seemed to be a young child girl, she was the one currently making a crown out of flowers. As for the second person, well, it was technically not a person at all. It was more accurate to call it a worm made from living flesh. Though in actuality, it was a Devil. But for some reason, it wasn't attacking the child and killing her, which was something that definitely surprised Denji.

"Huh?"

Though as Denji was trying to understand what he was witnessing, both the child and the Devil noticed him, much to their shock.

"Oh please! Let This Devil Go!"

And after spotting the Devil Human, the child quickly moved and stood in front of the Devil, as if protecting it.

"Wait, what?"

Though this only confused Denji even more so, clearly wasn't expecting someone to defend a Devil.

"My Daddy... When he's having a bad day, he beats me..."

However, it didn't take long for the Hybrid to understand why the child was doing such a thing, as she softly explained her reasoning to him.

"And when he was beating me today, this nice Devil saved me."

The child looks back at her so-called Devil friend, who purrs and nuzzles against her like a friendly creature.

"So Please Don't Kill Him!"

Seeing this child made the blonde very conflicted. Not because he didn't understand what the girl was talking about, but how much he relates to her so very much was enough to make him hesitant on what to do.

'Pochita...'

Though once the memories of a certain orange chainsaw dog Devil flooded Denji's mind, he finally made up his mind on what he should do.

"Hey, I know a safe place you both can stay at."

And with that final decision made, Denji suddenly made an offer that caught both the child and Devil's attention.

"W-What?"

The child went eyes wide in disbelief.

"I was buddies with a Devil too... So I know that there are some good Devil's out there..."

Denji admits his empathy and sympathy to the child, sharing his own experiences with her and how he supported her.

"So what do you say? Want me to help you both survive and live a happier life?"

And it was because of these personal feelings that Denji wanted to offer the two a chance to be together happily without outside pain and interference from others.

"C-Can we?"

The child looked up to Devil Human hopefully.

"We Totally Can!~"

Denji responded with a big silly smile on his face, and the child returned with a bright smile as she grabbed his hands and jumped up and down excitedly, no doubt very happy.

"Yay! Hahahahah!~"

"Y-Yeah, heheh..."

But a moment later, what was once something harmless and even cute between the child and Denji, had suddenly turned into something that resulted in the Hybrid being held up in the air by the Devil he was trying to save.