✿ TO BE CELEBRATED ✿

6K votes for the next chapter! Also guys please comment!

If you want you can check out my another book— His Unwilling Bride <3

ALAIA

“It smells good.” I said to myself and stirred the curry.

After being done with the food, I wiped my hands in the cloth and glanced at the clock. It was ten.

Grabbing my phone, I dialed Agastya's number. 

“I'm making the dinner tonight, I want you back on time.” I said, grinning.

“Yes, Ma'am. But aren't you tired? You went to the bakery today and now dinner?” He asked with genuine concern in his voice.

“Yeah, it's my birthday so I felt like making dinner for us.” I replied.

A long pause fell from his side. “Birthday? It's your birthday?”

“Yes.”

“Why didn't you tell me, Alaia?”

I forrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “I just did.”

“Okay, I'll be home soon.” He said and ended the call.

I shrugged, walking to the window and looking out of it. Dark clouds had covered the sky and it's raining heavily. When the thunder lighted with a loud sound, I stepped back and blush started creeping upto my neck while remembering about how Agastya took me in his arms and twirled me around.

After what happened yesterday, I couldn't help but smile all day. When he told me that he likes me, I was worried that he might be forcing himself to say those words to me. But when we returned back home, I thought about it for whole night. Agastya isn't the kind of man to lie about his feelings. If anything, he had been brutally honest with me when it comes to his emotions. I remember when he first told me not to expect anything from him, it was his genuine words. He didn't sugar coat anything. And then there was this time when I was in the club, he confessed to me that he was jealous.

And yesterday when he said that he can't love me. He was honest about it. I can understand from where he's coming from. He had lost the girl he loved, it's natural for him or anyone for that matter to be scared.

The thing is when I'm hurt, I can't think straight. My mind overflows with overthinking and doubts. In my mind, I end up creating a world which I never want to face.

Maybe it's my defence mechanism to think about the worst and hurt myself so that I can prepare myself when something like that actually happens.

But I'm glad about what happened between us. Atleast, now I know what's going through his mind. He had been vocal about his feelings to me and it was necessary for me to know about what he actually feels for me. I'm ready to wait for him but all I needed was a hope that someday he's going to take a step forward and love me.

Somewhere it's always going to hurt me to know that bigger part of his heart belongs to Zoya but even if I get a little corner in his heart where he'd feel nothing but love for me then it'd be enough for me to love my happily ever after with him.

I went to take a bath and while combing my wet hair, my eyes fell on the fruity lip tint. If I apply this, will Agastya be able to taste mild texture of sweetness when he kisses me?