5 ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ till death do us part

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌔 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

five

'Arranged marriage, they say. Love at first sight, we correct them.'

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌔 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

(Y/N)

The very second Mother started gushing about my 'white' wedding dress, I wanted to throw up.

Was this what pre-wedding jitters felt like? The last few moments of panic before the bride goes to the altar? 

Panic sweeps over me. I can do this. I can. I'm just currently panicking over the fact that I have nothing to panic about.

I can hear her blabbing in the other room to a few of the Atreides servants who helped set up the ceremony. Nervously, I step into the other room to reveal my dress. The women's eyes widen in admiration and care, silently thinking I was a beautiful bride.

Mother... she looks like she might have a heart attack.

The dress wasn't traditional. It was a lavender shade of purple that was adorned with golden floral-like patterns. Sleeveless, comfortable, it was... perfect.

"(Y/N)! What are you wearing?!" Mother shrieks, and my eyes narrow as she dares accuse me of wearing something unsuitable for my own wedding.

"My wedding dress, Mother." I reply. This is my day. Just because she doesn't like the dress doesn't mean I will be changing it for her liking.

She stammers in response before ending with, "It's not white!"

"So?"

"So--" she cuts herself off with a sigh. "You know what? Wear whatever you want. It's your wedding."

She sounds somewhat disgusted. Disappointed.

I was only agreeing to this wedding for the sake of my people. For the sake of bringing the bloodline a new heir in the future and have our generations know who we are.

Warriors.

This wedding might already be turning into a disaster, though. And I haven't even gotten to the aisle. Mother eventually disappears, likely going to find my father and make a scene about my 'nontraditional wears.'

It's my wedding, I can wear what I want.

The servants give a few words of encouragement and sympathy, complimenting the beauty I possess.

I feel beautiful.

 I knew the dress wasn't traditional for House Atreides or the Ilusek, but I wasn't about to wear a wedding dress picked out by my parents that I probably wouldn't even like.

Father eventually finds me as I stand in front of the open doors that would lead me to the altar. It was almost sunset, and the venue was gorgeous. Everyone was outside, and thank God it wasn't raining today.

He doesn't say anything about my dress. Maybe Mom just hasn't found him yet.

"You look beautiful, honey," he says, taking my hand in his own. Dads are definitely not the type of people to cry, but when it's their daughters wedding, yeah, their waterworks betray them.

I manage a smile, hearing the murmurs of the crowd in the distance. Taking a deep breath, I nod at him, and he gives a smile that indicates he's definitely trying not to show any tears this very second. We step out into the light, and as soon as we get to the center of the starting line to walk down the aisle, time stops.