11 ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ my dune

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌒 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

eleven

'My desert. My Arrakis. My Dune.'

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌒 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

Thufir is panicking. That's all anyone can say.

As he strides down the halls of the Residency, dabbing his forehead with a cloth, his nerves rise.

Soldiers move away to reveal a light shining on a now-dead man, clad in back clothing.

"The Harkonnen agent was cemented into that hole six weeks ago," he explains to Leto and Lady Jessica once he finds them. "Ran a hunter-seeker through the pipe inside the walls." He adds, "Sire, I failed you today. There's no excuse. You have my resignation."

Leto opens his eyes and almost instantly replies, "You would deprive us of your talents at this time?"

"Sire, my honor demands..."

"They tried to take the life of my son!" He interjects. "Of my daughter!" Now his fatherly side has shown itself, and it's clear that no one speaks when he is like this. "You want absolution? Go catch some spies."

"Your Grace," Thufir nods before quickly departing.

A father's love is as strong as an ox. And when it comes to life and death, his son's marriage means nothing to the ties of blood.

And if (Y/N) is now family, then her existence will prevail, so help us all.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Harkonnen Military Fleet is on standby above Geidi Prime, and the dark ovoid Bene Gesserit ship flies through it with no complications.

Inside, a human spider eats flesh and fiddles with something shiny, black and rubber-like in its hideous form.

"The thing must leave," the Reverend Mother says.

"You can speak without fear," Piter replies calmly. "Our pet doesn't understand your language."

"Get out."

Jumping at the command, the creature leaves without looking back, heading for the door like a zombie.

"It understands." Mohaim states as if she didn't just use the Voice on the creature. "Activate silence."

Standing in front of Vladimir as he sits on his throne are the two humans, and a beam casts down over them in the shape of a cone, creating a soundproof barrier.

"What is the Emperor's message?" He asks, his voice muffled and almost inaudible due to the cone.

"He will strengthen your hand," Mohaim states.

"With his Sardaukar army," Vladimir adds.

"It must never be known." The Reverend Mother continues.

"There's no satellites over Arrakis. The Atreides will die in the dark."

Even with the cone, his voice is still deep enough to reverberate in their ears.

"On that matter," Mohaim sternly says, "Duke Leto Atreides means nothing to our order. But his wife is under our protection, and by extension, her son and his wife. Allow them the dignity of exile."

The Baron seems to consider the idea for a moment—a preposterous one at that—before he sighs. "House Harkonnen would never dream of violating the sanctity of your order. I give you my word. We will not harm them."

Mohaim merely watches him before departing, phasing through the beams of the cone like it's nothing. Vladimir watches her leave, leaning back into his seat, and Piter looks back, his hands folded. Once she closes the door, he turns to the Baron, frustrated.

"If the Duke's son and that girl live..."

"No Atreides will live." Vladimir states.

"My lord, you gave your word to the witch. She sees too much."

"I said I would not harm them. And I shall not." He starts to sit up. "But Arrakis is Arrakis." He starts to stand up, saying, "And the desert takes the weak." He starts to stand to his full height, only to start floating up above Piter, his hands in his pockets. "My desert. My Arrakis. My Dune." 

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

Who else likes shorter chapters?

Just me? :)