-28-

"Nupur!" She turned around to Bhuvi calling her name - running towards her. "Want to grab a snack?"

"A snack?" She scoffed. "I'm made for fine dining, not a snack."

"Chalo okay." Bhuvi nodded. "I love a woman who knows what she wants."

"Oh really?" She spoke sarcastically. "So if a woman tells you what to do all the time, aren't you basically a mama's boy?"

"You getting it wrong." He smirked. "I only listen to my woman. My love." She took a step back as he walked closer as he caught her hand in order to keep her there. "My future girlfriend." He smiled, kissing the back of her hand as she blushed.

"So, I'll pick you up at 7pm?" He continued, seeing her lost for words.

"Ye- Yeah." She stammered, all her confidence gone down the drain. There was something sexy about Bhuvi suddenly speaking like that and she hoped that it would continue.

She was not let down.

As Bhuvi pounded into her that evening, claiming something about dessert being better at home - she thanked all her lucky stars.

Bhuvi was hers.

Nupur was his.

-

"Nushki." Hardik called her as she walked through the corridor, books in hand.

"Harry." She stopped in her tracks, looking at him as he walked to where she stood. "What's up?"

"How's Gia?" He asked, looking down for a moment.

"What do you mean how's Gia?" She frowned. "I didn't know you were friends with her."

"Tell me na."

"She's okay." She shrugged. "She's tired of all this though."

"Tired of what?" He questioned, with a tilt of his head.

"Backstabbing friends." She replied, resuming to walk. "There's Virat - who's entire life story was unfurled to her and then there's you - the outsider she decided to trust and he's fucked up already."

"Hold up, Nush." Hardik pulled her by the wrist. "She told you?"

"Of course!" She yanked her hand out. "I might be a shitty friend but I'd never sell her secrets out. Let me guess, this had something to do with Meera?"

"You won't understand." Hardik groaned out. "Meera's not bad, she's just -"

"A backstabbing bitch, that's what." Anushka continued. "She's been here for 6 months and yes, Virat did her wrong. Virat shouldn't have fucked with her but that gives her no right, absolutely no right to go for someone who's not even related to the entire thing."

"And the funny thing is, when she told Gia about Virat's nature, I was rooting for her, I really was but this is just on another level." She continued. "I'm actually disappointed in you, Hardik."

"I love her, Nushki." Hardik whispered. "I'd do anything for her."

"Find someone else to love, Hardik. She isn't the one."

"Gia." Virat called her as she was getting into the backseat of the car. "Gianna Mehta."

"What, Virat?" She turned around, looking at him while crossing her arms across her chest. "What could you possibly want with me?"

"Get in."

"So, you've brought me to a goddamn bowling alley?" Gia laughed sarcastically. "Want me to use your balls to knock down the pins?"

"That put a really weird image in my head, Gia." Virat made a face and quickly shook his head. "But no, we're here because you like bowling and spending time with me and so I figured, we'll do it together!"

"Cute, but no." Gia turned around and was about to leave when he ran in front of her and quickly kneeled down, putting his hands in a prayer position. "Please, my darling, my honey pie. Marry me and I will -"

"Okay okay shut up!" She quickly exclaimed, looking around. "Stop embarrassing me, you retard. See I'm bowling!"

"Oh wait, I also have another surprise." He got up from the floor and pulled out his phone, texting someone.

"What's the surprise, oh my gosh!" Gia put her hands covering her mouth as she saw Ritika along with her boyfriend come towards her. "Ritika!"

"We're just accessories, aren't we?" Rohit nudged Virat who was staring at Gia with a smile on his face, seeing her hugging Ritika. "Will you stop staring at her with a joker smile on your face?"

"I wasn't staring."

"Fuck you bro."

"Ha, losers." Gia sang as she walked out of the bowling parlour, swinging hands with Ritika. "I'm so good."

"Yes, you are." Virat chimed in. "But unfortunately, we have another appointment. So say bye to the happy couple."

"What, where are we going?" She asked as she turned around to look at the boys, who were walking behind them.

"Surprise." Rohit said, with jazz hands. "Besides, we also have to go and do something."

"Yes, sorry boo." Ritika said, hugging her. "Tell me how it goes." She whispered in her ear and smiled while letting go.

"How what goes, dude?" Gia laughed as she said bye to them and walked with Virat to the parking area, where her driver was waiting with the car.

"Let's go, ma'am." Virat said, opening the car door for her.

"This doesn't make me less mad at you, by the way." She said as he sat down and the car began running.

"Did it lessen the anger though?"

"A bit."

"I have to ask you a question, Vee." Gia said, as she put her spoon down. Virat had brought her to a beautiful dinner spot with scintillating views of the entire city and the ambience was perfect. With the warm hues of the lights falling on the two of them, it seemed much like a scene out of a painting.

"I know." He put down his fork as well. "Why, right?"

"No." Gia pursed. "I won't pretend to understand why. I probably won't. You've faced too much all your life and whatever you say would probably justify it. I have a different question."

"I'm curious now." He looked at her and smiled. "What do you want to ask?"

"Why did you hide it from me?" Gia whispered. "I am your best friend, aren't I?"

"You're more than that, darling." He put his palm on top of where Gia's had been resting on the table. "You're my heart, only the good parts. You've always seen the best of me and stayed with me through thick and thin, I didn't want to face you after I'd done this for the first time. I'd ruined myself, Gia. I didn't want to ruin your view of me too."

"But I would've understood, Vee." Gia said, getting up from her seat and hugging him sideways but Virat pushed his chair out and pulled her onto his lap, hugging her properly.

"I'm sorry, jaan." He whispered into her skin, tears forming at the corners of his eyes. He knew he'd disappointed Gia and that was something his heart couldn't bear. For years she'd been by his side, constantly supporting and loving him and he'd betrayed her.

He destroyed all chances of ever forming a semblance of a normal relationship with Gia and he knew he'd regret it all throughout his life.

"I'm sorry."

The frustration of not getting your idea exactly the way you want it is a pain most of us go through.

This itsy chapter took me almost 2 hours to write, which sucks because once I have an idea, it doesn't take me a lot of time to put pen to paper but in this chapter, it took me a whole lotta time.

But anyways, enjoy :)
(It's honestly motivating even if 10-12 people read a chapter of my book, being MIA for literally 5.5 years that's a lot🫡

So thank you🙏)