-29-

"Do you know who's Heena?" Anushka suddenly asked the group - which consisted of Nupur and Bhuvi, currently.

"No idea, why?" Nupur remarked. "Don't tell me Virat's interested in this Heena?"

"No, not Virat." Anushka shook her head. "Do you know, Bhuvi?"

"I think I might have heard of her in Comp class." Bhuvi nodded.

"Heena Baloch?" Gia suddenly popped up, giving the three of them a fright. "Why?"

"You know her?" Anushka turned towards her. "How?"

"She's only the best programmer this school has seen." Gia laughed. "She's got a full scholarship to CalTech in the summer."

"Oh, nice." Nupur nodded. "She's the one that won the Scholastic Programming Tournament?"

"Yep." Gia sat down at the table. "Why were you inquiring about her?"

"Oh, nothing special." Anushka shook her head. She couldn't tell her friends that she'd overheard Hardik speaking about the girl during History and how she was so smart and so nice.

"Pft." Anushka said outloud, making the others turn their head towards her.

"Anything you want to add?" Gia asked, looking at her. "You look very bothered. Anything with Virat?"

"No, no. Virat and I have no problems. Just thinking out loud." Anushka sheepishly nodded.

-

"You know what guys?" Nupur said, slamming her hand on the cafeteria table, making the table go silent. "It's been way too depressive the past couple of weeks. We should do something."

"Like what?" Simran asked, putting her coffee down. "If you haven't realised yet, we have midterms around the corner and I feel Gia's the only one that is actually studying for it."

"I mean, it's important to pass." Gia nodded, tapping her nails on the table. "Might I remind you guys that all of you will fail since none of you have even opened your textbooks yet?"

"I was thinking a party." Nupur continued. "It will definitely liven up the atmosphere."

"No." Gia spoke and was promptly shushed by Anushka.

"I think you're on to something, Nups." She chimes in. "It's been a long time since I've had some dick -"

"Okay, we get it." Gia shouted, ears going red. "So, you're getting over Virat?"

"We both need to." Simran chuckled, pointing at Anushka. "And that means, no more Virat's dick. No matter how good he is in bed, nothing of that sort."

"And we hold each other accountable." She put out her hand for a shake, which Simran promptly did.

"I will never get used to this." Nupur muttered to Gia. "They used to kill each other over him. Now it's all sunshine and butterflies over here."

"Well, a party doesn't sound bad now."

-

"Meera." A voice called her and she turned around, finding Shruti.

"Hey Shruti, right?" She asked, shyly.

"Yep." Shruti replied, taking the book which Meera was about to return to the staff and keeping it on the table. "I've heard loads about you."

"I wouldn't be surprised if you've seen most of me to." She said, rolling her eyes. "Can I help you?"

"Oh, well." She muttered. "Thought you'd love someone talking to you, but I guess not."

"Okay, hold up." Meera walked back towards her. "Why me?"

"You're looking for trouble with those people, aren't you?" She arched an eyebrow, looking at Meera who was trying to form a coherent sentence.

"Why are you interested? Have your own personal vendetta?" Meera sat down at the table, gesturing her to sit.

"Maybe." Shruti replied. "I have a boyfriend, Jasprit."

"So?" Meera laughed. "Sounds like you're set."

"He was Simran's boyfriend before this." She replied, crossing her fingers on the table. "He was hurt, badly."

"Let me guess, she fucked Virat?" Meera raised an eyebrow. "And now what - she wants to come back to him?"

"I don't know." She mumbled. "She apologised to him a few days ago. It's crazy, it sounded like she was serious. What I'm not able to figure out is why. Does she want to fuck him over even more? What's her motive?"

"My advice." Meera started, leaning forward. "If your boyfriend has no problem with this, you shouldn't either. Don't fall into that messed up group."

"Does the same advice apply to you too?" She laughed. "I mean, Virat only fucked you once and leaked your nudes. In return, he apologised - which he's never done no matter how much he's fucked up. Consider yourself special, Meera."

"He's ruined me."

"No, you just love him. You just want him to be yours."

-

"Hardik." Gia called out to him, passing him as they were heading outside the campus. "Can we talk?"

"Sure." He replied, following her. "I didn't think you'd want to speak to me after what I'd done."

"I didn't want to." She muttered. "But if I can forgive Virat for what he's done, then I can forgive you."

"I don't deserve it." Hardik shook his head. "I betrayed you."

"Hey, sooner than later it would've come out." She giggled, the sound buzzing through his ears. "I guess you're not going to tell me why, or would that be too far fetched?"

"I can't." He replied, shame coursing through his body. He couldn't believe he had done this, betray this gem of a girl for someone he loves. She was good, pure even. He couldn't believe she was actually talking to him and not being angry, shouting or throwing things.

Was it really worth it, betraying her?

"I figured." She hummed. "Least you're loyal to yourself and whoever you did it for. More than I can say for some people here."

He laughed.

"I don't know whether it'll pay off, though." He replied. "It's a roller coaster right now."

"I agree." She shrugged. "Want to go to a party?"

"Today?"

"Why not?" She smiled. "This school is good for two things only. One is giving fantastic connections to students."

"And the other is parties."

Please forgive me for the short filler, I have not been feeling the greatest.

I shall continue to strive and work harder :)