preface.

The world and life move in such peculiar ways, revolving around chaos and glitter—chaos in a way that our surroundings are unsafe and how hurtful words were easy to convey without knowing it could be knives stabbed in the hearts, and glitter in a way that this world also offers happiness and an adventure in our own little shine of ways.

In a swift moment of glitter season, it turns into chaos and gloom after Lavenna's younger brother passes away. Her life becomes meaningless, and all the pressure and guilt drown her to the point she can't even lift her own head. She set aside her biggest dream just to pursue a more practical job in order to save her family from poverty. She lost a brother and a best friend at the same time, and her life is never the same again; all her smiles vanished and the sparks in her eyes were no longer shining.

Lavenna Alvarez wanted her own family to understand her, to take care of her, and to love her, yet all she received was pressure, and despite being exhausted, she kept going in each season of life. She has a high-paying job and a great best friend, but there's still something missing in her heart.

Every day, she faces war without an army or fighting gear, yet her guards aren't down despite blood and pain—it becomes her footnote in life, but under one splendid night in England, where she thought there's no end path, she finds someone from her past, someone she never thought she'd see again, her first love—Ivan Galvez.

Ivan understood her better than anyone; he saw all the versions of her when they were together, yet he accepted her and never once gave up on her. He continued to shower her with love until she wanted to end it, like the waves from the sea that never came back from the shore.

Two souls from the past interconnect once more under the stars, where unsaid words and feelings were felt, like a hanging thread waiting to be cut, a fine line in between waiting for them to be crossed.

They once surrendered their hearts to each other, and now that fate has crossed their paths again, the stars hope they will let their hearts speak, let time be the ultimate truthteller, and hopefully rekindle their love story once more, where both each found a home in a world full of chaos. They were able to make a life with glitter and let the seasons in life become sunshine and rainbows in the midst of painful events from the past.

When they are enveloped, that's where they know they are finally healed and loved. Let their wounds become scars they'll learn to live with, and perhaps they will let their hearts open to love—in a platonic way or more.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Mar's Note:

Thank you for giving my story a chance. I hope you enjoy the ride.

Happy reading!

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Disclaimer:

This story is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and events are either products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual people, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

MARKED MATURE:

-Alcohol addiction.

- Toxic family.

-Profanity. 

-no smut. 

- Grieving. 

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Reminders:

-This story would include profanity.

- imperfect writing and characters.

- past and present timeline.

- votes and comments are highly appreciated.

- If you remember a particular book or author while reading my story, please refrain from commenting on it; it's disrespectful to me that you're reading my story while mentioning another.

- Since English is not my first language, it is my third. If you find grammatical errors or misspelled words, please approach me kindly, as I do not believe that you should be disrespectful when educating or correcting someone.

-This story is not entirely focused on 'romance,' but rather on grieving and life in general. There will be romance, though, so don't expect it in the first few chapters. It will get there but this book is somewhat leaning more on literary fiction than romance in general. I wanted to try some genre as I've been writing romance for so long and wanted to try literary, though I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but its actually alright <3 

- Lastly, happy reading!

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Seasons In Life © 2024 Moonleuer All Rights Reserved.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.