-30-

"How did we have so many fuckups form a group?" Bhuvi asked, laughing. "Every single one of you have some issues."

"Hey, that's rude." Ritika replied. "I'm normal."

"Yeah but you're linked with crazy mofo over there." Anushka snickered as she pointed to Rohit, who was doing some weird moves with Virat while holding a glass.

"True." She sighed, taking a sip of her drink. "You're also part of this, Bhuvi."

"I know." He said, filling up his own glass. "But I wouldn't change it for the world."

-

"The party of the year is here, ladies and gentlemen!" Nupur announced through the mic. "Only one rule and one rule only. Whatever happens in the party -"

"Stays in the party!" The crowd cheers, drinks in the air as the lights flicker.

"Bravo! Enjoy and stay safe!" Nupur handed the mic to the DJ and walked away from the stage, greeted by cheers from her group as she approached their table. The table was overflowing with glasses and bottles, as both Virat and Rohit had started early.

"Guys, you wouldn't want to puke." Ritika said, holding her glass. "I'm not going to carry you, love." She continued, looking pointedly at Rohit.

"I got it, babe." He grinned. "Anyways, you can't carry me, I'll carry you." He finished with a wink.

"Uff, the lovebirds." Nupur chimes in as she sat next to Bhuvi, the latter holding his drink. "Where's your friend?" She asked, looking at him.

"He has different friends?" Virat asked, looking at Bhuvi. "Who aren't us?"

"I'm not a loner." He said, taking a sip. "Just some friends in my class, look there's one now. Hardik!"

"Oh, Hardik's your friend?" Virat asked, pouring drinks in two glasses. "Come dude, sit with us."

Hardik walked through the crowd where Bhuvi was sitting on the sofa, surprised to see him with that crowd. He had not realised that Bhuvi was also a part of that group, he didn't seem to act like them at all.

"You're wondering how right?" Bhuvi asked, laughing. "Virat, pour me one as well." He asked, handing him his glass.

"Yeah, definately." He replied, taking the glass Virat handed to him, taking a big sip.

"It's all due to Nupur." He leaded his head towards her, sitting on the opposite side conversing with Ritika.

"Nupur goes a long way with this gang." Bhuvi continued. "She's been a part of you guys since -"

"5th grade." Virat completed. "Our parents know each other. Nupur's not bad and she does throw the best parties."

"Oh." Hardik pursed his lips, unable to think of a conversation starter.

"Relax dude." Virat said, looking at him. "I'm not going to hurt you. Besides Anushka will kill me if I do anything to you." He laughed. "Oh speak of the devil and the devil appears."

"Hi guys." Anushka chimes in from behind, sitting next to Hardik. "Hardik, I'm surprised you're sitting with us!"

"I'm surprised too, Nush." He laughed, the alcohol making him more relaxed. "One for me too, Virat." He asked, Virat grinning at his request and taking the glass.

"You'll have to pour me one too."

"Done."

-

"There's a party at Nupur's spot." Jasprit remarked. "Want to party or chill?"