:ꔫ: It Starts with Sorry

It might take time to cover my mass multitude of sins, but sorry is where it begins

It might take time to cover your mass multitude of sins, but sorry is where it begins

Ace and Deuce were already sleeping in your bed, you were changed back into your night gown and natural hair (Yes it sent Deuce into a frenzy) After helping the both of them with homework with Yuu, and playing Old Maid for hours (and won), they were ready for bed.

You were looking out the window, recalling the events from today and anticipating for tomorrow. When suddenly you heard a knock on your door, you tip toed to the door, opening the door to see Yuu.

"Yuu? What are you doing? It's eleven" you spoke as if you've never pulled all-nighters before, "I wanted to talk about the apology tomorrow, and other things..." Yuu seemed a bit nervous for some reason.

"What about it?" You ask, walking out of your room, going to the lounge and sitting on the terribly shabby couch.

"Velvette, I want to talk to you about the apology tomorrow?" He started, sitting next to you.

"What about it? It's just an apology?" You said, looking away from Yuu, you wanted to avoid the apology since it would mean that you were at Riddle's mercy to see if he was going forgive you or not.

"Velvette, I'd like to believe that you know it's more than just an apology" Yuu said, staring at you, the moonlight illuminated onto you both, making the atmosphere more solemn.

"It's a possible start to amend something" Yuu continued, he really did want you to be redeemed, he wants to be with you with every step. He saw how mentally different you were from anyone he knew, you constantly held up these walls and pushed everyone away with harsh, vulgar, but empty threats.

He wanted Riddle to be your first step into the door, to be a milestone in your own journey. Your eyes traveled to the floor, you fiddled with the ends of your nightgown. "Velvette-"

"I know, ok? I know that Riddle already hates me for my shitty attitude and that this is the first time I've ever apologized to someone sincerely ever since-... fuck! I don't know when!" Your words came out in jumbles as your hands sprung up.

"...Velvette, I understand that you know what this could mean, but I want you to think what can happen after" Yuu reassured, lowering your hands from your face back to your lap as you slowly looked back up at him.

"What can happen after? Don't I just say sorry and whether he says accepts or not, it's not like he will want to see me again..." you were worried to be rejected, which was such a cringey way to say it but there really is no other way to describe it. You were scared that Riddle would reject your apology. You weren't ready to be this emotionally exposed to a guy that acted like a dictator from first glance.

"See? That's probably what happened back in... in Hell, but here, you have a bigger chance than anyone in there" Yuu said, he wanted to give you some real confidence for tomorrow, and be your armor for whatever might you face, even if he is magicless.

"What I'm trying to say is that tomorrow is only a start, and if you're having trouble finding the words, tomorrow or anytime, I want to let you know that you can trust me" Yuu assured, looking at you in the eye, that was when he noticed your hair revert back to that heavenly hue of [hair color], but he didn't want to point it out, he wanted this to be focused on you.

"If things don't go accordingly, try and keep a cool head, I don't want you to hurt yourself by running away"

"...thanks Yuu" you smile, you felt happy that Yuu was able to detect your stress for tomorrow, it felt so nice and refreshing to meet someone like Yuu. While you were being protected, you also felt a stronger connection to the feeling of protectiveness, like you want protect him too, Yuu and everyone you met with and connected with during the time you've spent here.

Reluctantly, you wrapped your arms around Yuu, Yuu was shocked but still reciprocated the embrace, your faces in each other's shoulders. A comfortable silence covered you both as you pulled back.

"I really needed this, thanks Yuu" you smiled, a shine of gratitude held Yuu by the throat, he loved that smile on your face, and he'll do whatever it takes to make sure that you can wear it whenever and not just when your scared and exposed.

"It starts with sorry, Velvette"

"Actually- no, never mind"

"What?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow, I'm going to bed"

"Alright... goodnight"

"Night darling"

Retreating back to your room with a seed of confidence ready to sprout, you eagerly hopped into bed, which was already extremely cramped with two boys sleeping on it.

But you finally nestled into a comfortable position and rested your eyes closed and-

'Tomorrow is a party, am I supposed to dress up?... fuck'

You rolled out of bed and walked to your desk and turned on your phone, your hand reached out to the notepad and you started to sketch another design for tomorrow.

As you started to sketch you felt the time past by and the early hours clawing into your will to be awake, and soon enough you rested your head on your arms and started to rest away. 

(916 words)