13. Eastside

Just take my hand and come with me, yeah,

we can do anything if we put our minds to it

"You went and sullied my roses! Prepare yourself!"

"I beg your forgiveness, Your Highness.

It's their fault."

"It wasn't me. It was Ace!"

"Was it you?"

"No, it was Two!"

"Two's doing?"

"No, it was Three!"

"Enough! Off with all your heads!"

"Hmph! Of course you lose your heads for using the wrong color!"

The voices rung against your skull like a vibrating sensation, making you believe that you were there, the dream was trippy and surreal, but it's a dream.

'Yeah, isn't that supposed to be how it goes...'

Deuce was the first one to stir awake, on the side he slept on, his hair was flattened and stood up making him sigh when he looked into your mirror.

Then he saw your distorted reflection in the mirror, he saw you resting against your desk, dozing off on your notepad with the sketch of the Heartslabyul inspired outfit, making his cheeks go red, imagining you wearing the outfit.

But he shook it off and grabbed his uniform to go and change, not wanting to wake you up just yet. He switched from his plain PJs into his dorm uniform, and retreated back into your room, seeing that you were still sleeping, he smiled and nudged you awake softly.

"Mmrrffmm... shut up Vox" you mumbled, burying your face away from Deuce, wanting to sleep a bit (lot) more. Deuce's lips part at the name mix up, who was this Vox? And who was he to you? A friend back in Hell? A partner...?

"Velvette, we're going to be late for the Unbirthday Party" he continued to urge you, putting his hands on your shoulders, but soon, as your brain finally registered what Deuce had said, you sprung up into action. "Shit!" You yelled, sitting up and rushing out of the room to change into your uniform.

You walked down the stairs, you pursed your lips into a straight line as Yuu and Cater both turned to you, "Ah! Velvette, did you win in Old Maid?" Cater queried, "Yeah, these guys can't make a poker face for their life" you snickered, making Grim pout.

"What?! It's not my fault you and Yuu are such good liars!" Grim accused, making you smirk a bit more "Not my fault you can't hold a still face when you pull a joker", the comment bullied Grim to silence, when everyone finally grouped you all set off to the Heartslabyul dorm.

"Finally, I can give the tart to Housewarden and apologize.!" Ace cheered, gazing at his chestnut pie gleefully, ready to get the stinking collar off of him, you turned your attention to your own tart with a blank expression. 'Here goes nothing I guess-'