14. Prom Dress

I'd be the prom queen if crying was a contest

At the calling of his title, the short boy turned to Ace, his neutral expression was pulled down into a mildly displeased expression, crossing his arms to distract you from it. "Ah, isn't it the tart thief and the disrespectful spawn of satan herself, what do you two want"

Your polite smile strained slightly as his tone, so did Ace's grin, his grip tightening onto the plate of the chestnut tart, "Ah well, I came to apologize for my act of theft" at his apology, you sucked in a breath and smiled.

"And I came to apologize for my act of unnecessary disrespect" you apologized, looking down at your proud tart then back at him, from behind, Deuce and Cater wore a proud smile at the sounds of your apology.

"Ah, I see, and may I ask what kind of tart?"

"I'm glad you asked, we both have here a Mont Blanc, handcrafted by the both of us!"

You stood next to Ace happily, eyes sparkling at the satisfying feeling, it felt like an ice cub against your face on a hot day, but you've never felt your heart drop faster when your cloud colored eyes reflected Riddle's disgusted face.

"A Mont Blanc?! I can't believe you two!" 

Riddle exclaimed, facing the back of his palm towards his face in an act of repulsion, his wide eyes scanning at you both up and down like you were people of lower class.

"Wait what?"

"The code of the Queen of Heart 562 states that one must never bring a Mont Blanc to an Unbirthday party!" He yelled, pointing a finger at you two, "W-what?!" Ace cried out, baffled at the mention of another mind boggling rule.

"Do you have all of these memorized or something?!" Yuu asked, sweat dropping at Riddle being so uptight, he stood beside you as your expression was unreadable, but he was worried nonetheless.

Your head was whirling with thoughts as you looked at your tart dejectedly, you felt a lump in your throat, but choked out a whimper when you felt a collar snap around your neck. Causing you to drop your tart onto the ground in surprise.

"Uh Trey didn't you know this?" Cater nudged Trey, a panicked sweat rolling down his neck, "I've only memorized up to 350" he sighed, putting a hand on his neck in a mix of embarrassment and shame for accidentally setting you two up for failure.

"As the dorm head of Heartslbyul, I cannot overlook the breaking of the Queen's rule, dispose of these Mont Blancs and rule breakers!"

"You're really gonna hold one measly rule over literal people?!" You snapped, your usual snarky smile was replaced with a smile of pure rage and bewilderment, your hand on the belt of your waist as you narrowed your eyes.

"Being house warden doesn't excuse you from being an asshole and listening to words on a page instead of your fucking peers!" You lectured, your tone was raising the by moment, you scowled at Riddle, who only scowled back, he wasn't necessarily surprised but your insults were clawing at his skin to react with something.

"Velvette-"

"Dorm leader, my deepest apologies, but it was me who told them to make Mont Blancs-"

"Don't apologize Trey, apologizing isn't gonna change anything for that rule loving bitch" you sneered, you turned around on your heel, stomping your Mary Jane's onto the grass as you flipped Riddle off for a final time.