15. Door to Dusk

Tear this bitch right back down to the floor, ain't shit gon' hold us,

break down all these doors

"Oh, it's you guys..."

"We figured you'd be here to return the cookbook, so we camped"

"And be 'we' I mean just Deuce concluded that"

"Not the point, we can't agreed with how Riddle does things" Ace said bluntly, crossing his arms and glaring at Trey, as the senior sighed and adjusted his glasses.

"I bet" his short response made the collar around your neck feel even more agitating. "So what do you really think about him anyway?" you lidded your eyes, putting a hand on your waist.

When you were in Hell, you were great at reading people, here, but people here are significantly harder to navigate considering how they're not all assholes like the sinners you knew back home.

"Yeah, were you always subservient to him or is it because you're scared of him 'cause he's house warden?" Ace pressed on with you. "..Who'd you hear about all this from?" Trey asked, narrowing his eyes ever so slightly.

"Che'nya" you curtly responded, checking your nails to see if there were scratches, does everyone here like to beat around the bush? Especially that Che'nya guy, he speaks like you have the time and patience to translate him.

"Huh, go figure..."

"Aren't you older than Riddle? Can't ya just knock some sense into him?"

Grim had a point, if these two were friends, why the hell was Trey being so dismissive to the cruel and unusual punishments of the dorm leader?

"I'd do it when necessary... but even then I can't bring myself to do it..." Trey trailed off, looking a bit tense at the judgmental glares he was getting from you and Ace.

"Well why the fuck not?" You asked, looking at Trey in the eyes.

"In his homeland there isn't a single person who hasn't heard of his parents, as Healers they're that famous. His mother is especially exceptional and she wanted Riddle to be exceptional as well. So from dawn till dusk, his every move was decided for him, down to the smallest thing, whether it was his diet, his friends, his clothes..." the senior explained, a somber expression veiling his face.

The context explained much of Riddle's uptight and strict attitude, but did that excuse him? No! Your expression barely showed any change into sympathy, Ace seemed to share the sentiment.

"Ah..."

"Now I understand..."

You and Ace shared a look, both of you raising an eyebrow with lips thin as a line, making your friends look at you guys with looks.

"You're the reason why Riddle is like this.!" You two accused, pointing a finger at your green haired senior, your bold accusation shocking everybody else including the accused himself.

"What?!" Even poor Grim was confused, you and Ace took as a cue to explain why, you crossing your arms and half glared at Trey.

"I can't blame Riddle for getting shitty parents, however, there's no way you haven't thought that his parents were wrong at any point in your friendship?" You started, looking at the upperclassmen that seemed decent, only to learn that he was willing to let this attitude fly just because he's his friend or something.