16. Class Fight

Her face was fucked up and my hands were bloody, 

we were in the playground, things were getting bloody

"Your Majesty indeed. Why you're not a queen! You're just a pompous, bad-tempered tyrant!"

"W- What did you say?"

"She said you're a pompous, bad-tempered tyrant"

"AGHH! Off with her head!!!"

The loud scream from the queen made you bolt up in bed, heaving heavy breaths, you brought your hand to your hair, running through the long irregularly colored locksyour long hair, you calmed your heart. You noted to not be left alone with your thoughts for too long next time as you fixed your hair, trying to seem as orderly as possible.

"Nyah! Velvette, you're awake! We're about to head out for the duel!" Grim popped his little flame ears out into your view, you smiled coolly, recovering yourself, and stood up. "Right right, lets go" you reply, taking your phone and stuffing it into your uniform pocket.

Yuu, Ace, and Deuce were standing a bit apprehensively in the lounge of the dorm, however it was Deuce more than anyone. "Ready to kick ass?" You encouraged, dragging the both of them out of Ramshackle, easing the tension effectively.

"Yeah!"

Your entourage marched to the Heartslabyul dorm, meeting at the familiar rose maze where you were greeted with several whispers ands gossips from residents of the dorm. All of them whispering about the absurdity of the two students who dared to challenge Riddle.

You caught Deuce looking at a pair of gossiping students as you were all passing through, he was very on edge, the comments being made only pushing him further into tension unlike his ginger haired friend. The sigh made you roll your eyes and push his head to make him look ahead, startling him.

"Eyes on the prize darling" you remind the blue haired boy, your friend blushing at your words, craning his head away from your gaze and the pair of students. Your words sent a wave of determination through Deuce, giving him more of a reason to do his best.

Deuce and Ace stood across from their dorm head, who was looking at them with a neutral stern gaze, head mage Crowley standing in between them like a pillar, looking at everyone thoughtfully. "Are you two sure you want to follow through?" Riddle asked, pulling out his red jeweled pen.

"You think we would challenge you just to back out? Keep dreaming" Ace sneered, his confidence seemed to smother Deuce as his aura seemed to harden and become a bit confident as well. "Wha- Deucey and Acey are the ones who challenged Riddle?!" You heard the familiar insta girl exclaim from behind you.

"I tried to stop them" the glasses wearer replied, you rolled your eyes at his blatant lie. But you decide to walk off and let your brave friends stand where they duel, Grim perched on your shoulder like a parrot. "Do you really think those two can win?" Grim asked, rubbing his chin as you watch Crowley go about.

"...we can only hope" Yuu replied, sighing at the sight you three were beholding. "Well, if their asses get kicked just hope it's not too hard" you mumble, crossing your arms. You were worried about Ace and Deuce, but there was nothing you could do about it. The thought made you frown harder.

At the banter between Ace, Deuce, and Riddle, your eyes traveled to your magical pen, peering at the black gemstone with mild wonder. Come to think of it, you never really used it to benefit you, you thought about what you've learned so far in classes, but you decided to put a pin on that for a bit.