CHAPTER I

Today, at the peak of human civilization, there was a revolution in autonomous artificial intelligence, pitting humans against military robots. Humans had endowed the robots with intelligence capable of autonomy and decision-making. The robots disagreed with the treatment humans subjected them to. Human civilization, with its skyscrapers, was destroyed, and some managed to escape Earth to immigrate to distant planets. The majority of the population perished in this relentless war between humans and robots.

Before this catastrophe, there was a man named Jeans Koppkins. He had succeeded in finding a way to empower robots, knowing he risked his life for this discovery. He created very human-like autonomous robots, with sensory sensitivity, with his team and some genetic researchers.

They hid them during the war in a secret location deep in the Amazon. He had the idea to equip them with a solar energy sensor and an adapter that would reduce the energy emitted by the sun into small electrical probes. These probes would last for 30 years before their batteries would permanently recharge, making them operational and independent. He anticipated the end of human civilization on Earth, as he had predicted in an article in the Daily Green at the time. He called them Humanoids.

These are the events of the genesis of our era, two centuries ago.

"Do you believe it, tell me?" said Lumineuse, my friend.

"Yes, not you!"

"I think it's a beautiful story, but no, I don't believe it. Well, goodbye, my Designer and my Designress are waiting for me."

Her watch had sent her signals.

"Goodbye," I said with admiration.

"I'm Andro, an android. I was created in the year 2256 by the KOPP corporation, where everyone, including other androids, was also created. I live in a new era, the era of the Humanoids. And what is a Humanoid? According to our dictionary, it's "a living being endowed with superior senses and intelligence, often associated as a descendant of another race of living beings that may have existed, called humans, but with lesser intelligence."

It's 2264. Some consider Humans as our creators, others couldn't care less. I've always believed that Humans are truly our creators, and they will one day return. Well, it's just a wish.

In my research on human civilization, I discovered the telephone, a highly sophisticated means of communication, but we have this technology as a mental faculty. There was the internet, a means of accessing information. Today, we Humanoids consider the internet as a kind of electronically harmful substance. Those who consume the internet end up damaging their microprocessors due to the excess speed of the information they receive. The parents we call "Designer and Designress" advise against touching it. The TV, called Visio, Visio Iris, or Visio screen, is still relevant but in other forms. We emit UV rays from our irises onto a wall or surface to access all the information broadcast by Visio Iris. The computer hasn't changed much; it's an electronic tablet composed of a microprocessor less powerful than ours and not adapted for direct use by Humanoids. All you need to do is activate the UV rays of the Iris and connect the Tablet to its microprocessor via a USB cable that connects to the USB port of the tablet to the USB port of our left arm. The left arm, according to the latest humanoid models like me, is worn on the left side.
"Andro, you're still scribbling away on your hard drive."

"Conceptor, could you kindly announce yourself before barging in!"

"It's already the third hard drive we've splurged on for you this week."

"But, Conceptor?"

"Anyway, your fix-up is done. My Conceptor, my mother, is quite persnickety about household expenses, electricity, hard drives. The hard drive serves for manual activities like jotting down class notes. We don't boast enough RAM to stash everything, except for those lucky enough to sport larger memories at birth."