Two Years Ago

Chapter Twelve:
   Eric's POV

"So you killed him. So what?" I ask Blake. "It's nothing you haven't done before." He's currently passing around our living room, rambling on and on about his "mistake." The ranting was really beginning to get on my nerves. All of this reminds me of the first time this happened...only Blake wasn't so guilty back then.

Two Years Ago

"He called you a pussy, Blake." I say in a low tone from behind him, in his ear. "What are you gonna do about that?" A creepy smile appeared perfectly on my face, knowing that Blake is finally going to do what we are meant to do...

Kill.

Tanner Harper stood in front of the brothers, trembling in fear, not knowing what our next move will be. The poor fifteen year old boy was about to meet his maker far too soon. Although it looked as if he is realizing his life sentence was about to be up.

This wasn't the first time Tanner had spoken out of pocket to Blake. He was more of a bully, always calling him names and taunting him at school. Blake, for the past couple weeks, has been coming home from school, slamming his bedroom door and disappearing for the rest of the evening. He had no balls about him, that's a fact.

The boy's search for an escape would be to no avail in the large field they found themselves in. The brothers parents had organized a bonfire, inviting some family friends. They had wondered off with Tanner, with intent to confront him about his behavior. Tanner's aloof parents didn't know his whereabouts. I'm sure Tanner wished his parents never got the invite now.

"Are you going to let him speak to you like that? Let anyone speak to you like that?" I ask Blake who is standing rigid, jaw set and his boyish figure riding purely on adrenaline right now. His hand holding the pocket knife shook uncontrollably, anticipating his first kill at just the mere age of fifteen.

"You out to make an example out of him."

Between Tanner's continuous taunting, bullying and my relentless attempts to get Blake to retaliate...Blake is finally cracking, falling to pieces in front of our very eyes but somehow becoming whole all at the same time.

This was a very bold and vicious thing of him to do. I wouldn't do something like this. At a party with his parents not too far from us? No, that's just cruel. Not me. I'd at least wait till they went home or something. That's the right thing to do.

"Are you going to prove him right, Blake? Prove that you're a pussy?" I continued, pressuring him further, knowing that at this point, I didn't really need to. Blake is seconds away from darting at Tanner. "No. No. No, Blake." I click my tongue. "That won't do. Show him just how tough you really are, brother."

That was all Blake needed to hear.

It was like a symphony, the way his arm danced in the air before every plunge of the knife into Little Man Tanner's chest. Each and every stroke different from the last. The sound of blood gushing, muffled screams by Blake's dirty hand firmly pressed against Tanner's agape mouth, was the only sound filling my ears in the still of the night.

By the tenth stab penetrated into Tanner's chest, Blake appeared to have blacked out, looking more like a demon than a human as his eyes blacked over. Tanner's screams have faded to moans as the fight he put up slowly faded away.

Fifteen long but quick punctures later, Blake had begun moving more fluidly, completely out of body as his motions found a nice solid rhythm. At the sight of him losing himself, Blake was also finding himself. Tanner now only gargled on his blood, the life leaving his eyes gradually as Blake carved him up.