23. Lunchbox Friends

The hassle, the fighting, 

they all want a bite of me

You were lucid dreaming again。

you were stuck in place in a very hot and dry climate, knowing the nature of this world, you guessed that this was taking place in the setting of "Lion King", and was deemed correct by the iconic rock placement in front of you.

In black and white, you saw as a lion and a monkey thing started to walk to the edge. Your eyes narrowed to focus on the scene in front of you, you tensed when the blue money raised it's arms and showed a baby cub. Then it cut to black.

Sitting up in bed, you calmed down your bed hair, your attention was grabbed by the feline creature sleeping next to your legs, you groaned silently to yourself, crawling out of bed as Grim continued to talk to himself.

Walking into the bathroom, you started to get ready for the day, after using the bathroom as you would, you return to your bedroom to change. "Velvette?! So me defeating Riddle was a dream... hnnn.." he groaned, disappointed that his dream wasn't a reality, you just rolled your eyes lightheartedly.

"And it will still be if you don't get your ass up and train" you cursed encouragingly, picking Grim up from under his shoulders, he blinked and smiled, pumping his fist in the air. "Right! Let's train to be the best in the world!~" he sang out, jumping out of your grip and merrily crawling out of your room.

You sighed at his ever so optimistic behavior, styling your hair at your shattered vanity mirror, you styled it cutely, you changed into your uniform, you bought a new white dress shirt to use so you slipped that into your outfit. Yet, you still felt unsatisfied with your original work you made with the uniform.

Seeing as Yuu and Grim weren't in sight or making any noises, you decided to make some new changes into your uniform.

You smiled at your work, having added some card suits onto the suit vest as buttons in gold, it popped out nicely with the originally midnight blue vest. You kept the bigger pink hearts on as you found as trademark of you from Hell. Even if it stung a little at the sentiment association.

You rolled up your sleeves and slung your messenger bag over your shoulder, moving through the Ramshackle building, you descended to the first floor.

"Let's go you two" you demanded, Yuu and Grim following you out the door, another casual day at NRC, post overblot.

You went about your classes as normal, Deuce and Ace enjoyed your small upgrade to your uniform.

"They look great Velvette!"

"the hearts on top because I'm on top, right?!"

You hummed in amusement at their compliments worth lidded eyes as you walked to the cafeteria, Yuu just sent you a 0.5 picture of Grim, you chuckled as you turn the hall towards the cafeteria. But you raised an eyebrow when you saw a lot more students rushing towards it. Like more than usual, you looked around and saw a friendly ghost at the entrance, he was announcing something.

"Today is the monthly promotion of the mega popular bakery! Only early birds get the worms! Come in!" the ghost chanted, effectively grabbing everyone's attention including your own. Walking to the cafeteria, the ghosts smiled at you.