24. I'd Rather Sleep

I'd rather sleep than stay awake, 

are we from outer space?

"Pardon the intrusion headmage" Deuce spoke politely, opening the door, you licked your lips as you stepped in with Grim sitting on your shoulder like a parrot again. "Right, you're all here I see..." Crowley trailed, to which Yuu walked up to him and handed the credit card back to Crowley, holding a stone cold face as if he didn't use so much money with it.

"Ah! Thank you Prefect! I expect you had a field day?" Crowley asked lightheartedly, to which the brunette only nodded nonchalantly before standing back next to you, shifting your weight onto a foot, you raised an eyebrow. "What'd you call all of us for?" You asked.

"Concerning the Heartslabyul incident with Mr Rosehearts, I decided that I should enrich you five with more information with what had happened, for I am gracious!" (You and Yuu shared a look) Crowley started, pointing his index finger, he started to explain. "If you are all to become great wizards, it's wise to learn about the state the dorm head of Heartslabyul was in" Deuce raised his hand.

"You mean overblot?" He asked, to which Crowley nodded and Deuce beamed in slight pride. "I've heard about it from my bro before, but seeing it happen is so different" Ace sighed, scratching the back of his head. "He really went evil berserker mode..."

"What is blot anyway?" Grim blurted, putting a paw under his chin, "Ahem, blot is a waste substance, when one exerts magic, they create blot. Think of it as a vehicle, fuel burns when you use it, correct?" Crowley ended his brief, letting you all think to yourself for a second, "Rest assured, blot has been studied since the dawn of time, but even with some questions left unanswered, one we know for sure is that blot is a toxin." That made an eyebrow raise.

"And so it does questioning and harming to the mind and body" Crowley added, Ace sighed, "yeah, my grandma would warn me about stuff like that, saying that 'Use that much magic and you'll blot Willy nilly!'" Ace recalled, to which Yuu shot him a look and you facepalmed. "..and she would go on and on about it...?"

"Ahem, so with great power comes great consequences, no matter how strong a wizard may be, they can't use infinite amount of magic" Crowley finished, Grim meowed, "So using magic is unhealthy for us?!" He asked, a bit scared at the thought of overblotting.

"Ah, no that's not really right either, here, let me show you then, oh ghosts, let's get to work!" He called out, a trio of ghosts sunddenly emerging around your group of five, "Yo, headmage! What do ya need?" One of them chirps, "Please give a learning hand to these young ones" Crowley requested, the ghosts all nodded.

"Wh-what?! Is this a test?!" Deuce asked, frantically pulling out his magical pen, Ace and Grim revving up their magic too, Yuu just stood there with furrowed eyebrows. "Huh!?" Ace gasped, nearly dodging a magical blast from a ghost, "Let's go for a round, huh?" The ghost spoke, taunting your group, only to be ambushed by a fire spell from you.

"Maybe a few" you sneered, playing tricks with your pen, summoning spells to attack and defend, you've been studying up on the spells you were learning, so having an excused reason to test them out on measly ghosts made your wicked grin grow.

After throwing spells and incantations at each other, Crowley clapped the battle to a halt, the ghosts dissipating to who knows where, "What does fighting ghosts have to do with blot headmage?" Grim huffed, smoothing out his fur with confusion o his face.