✿ ZOYA ✿

6K votes for the next chapter! Also guys please comment!

ALAIA

“Zoya— she's not dead, not yet.” His mother whispered. 

“What the hell are you talking about?” Agastya spoke, his breathing turning harsh. 

My heart fell into the pits of my stomach when she showed him something on her phone and Agastya's body visibly stiffened. And in a blink of an eye, he stormed out of the room.

I got up from the bed and walked to his mother, unknown fear seeping through my veins. “W-What's going on?” 

Her eyes dilated when she saw me and shook her head. “Nothing. Nothing happened, don't worry.” 

“No, Please tell me. What's happening?” I asked in desperation. 

Is Zoya alive? 

Agastya's Zoya is alive? 

My stomach clenched in fear and all those letters that Agastya wrote to her started invading my mind. “Is he going to leave me?” I asked myself and my heart broke into pieces when I realized that he's still in love with her. He was always in love with her. I came into his life recently but she occupied his heart for so many years that there's no choice between us. He's going to choose Zoya in a heartbeat. 

Then what about me? 

“She's not alive, Alaia.” His mother's voice snapped me back to reality. 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. 

She sighed. “She's in a coma.” 

My eyes widened in disbelief. “Coma?” Does it mean that— my God. No, please. It can't be true. She was in a coma for the last eight years? I covered my mouth with my palms in disbelief. 

“Then what about her grave? What about Agastya? Why did he think that she was dead?” I whispered and then everything clicked. “You knew about this, didn't you?” 

She nodded. “Zoya had a brutal car accident. Doctors told that there's a very thin chance of her survival due to injury on her head —” 

“And you kept this information away from Agastya?” I couldn't help but ask. 

“You see, when Agastya's father gets to know about this, he arranged the best doctors for her. He made sure that she gets the best treatment and the only thing he asked from Zoya's family in return was to never let Agastya know that she's hanging between the tread of life and death. We might be villains in his story but I couldn't see my child wasting away his life in the hope that someday she's going to wake up. It was better for him to believe that she died than to carry the hope for the rest of his life that she's going to wake up someday.” She spoke. 

I tried to process her every word and then laughed, dryly. “You don't regret what you guys have done to Agastya, do you?” 

Oh God, what did his parents do to him? Do they have any idea that they didn't just lie to him but made him suffer for all those years? 

I pressed my fingers over my forehead as the tears brimmed out of my eyes. “Agastya is never going to forgive you for this.” 

“I'm not wrong, Alaia. You love him, don't you? Tell me how'd you feel if you see him wasting his life for some girl?” She asked. 

I wiped my tears. “You're right, I love him. But that doesn't give me any right to control the flow of his life. He was an adult for God's sake, you should've told him everything. It should've been his decision either to wait for her or not. You don't get to decide— No, what you've done to your son? Do you've any idea how much you've hurt him? And what about his emotions, the pain he carried in his heart for so many years?” My words dried up in my throat.