CHAPTER 1

The constant knock on the door wakes her up, she opens her eyes only to be greeted by a dark bedroom with an empty space on the bed beside her "come in" she says in a sleepy voice.

The middle aged woman enters the room "Good morning your royal Highness, did you rest well ?" She says as she walks towards the curtain to draw the curtains "yes, I did Rachel" Angel says. Sunlight shines through the room illuminating the once dark bedroom as the curtains are drawn, Angel squints her eyes at the sudden change of brightness.

Rachel has been an Angel royal servant since Angel was a child. Rachel treats her as if Angel is her own daughter though she is sometimes very strict but she means well "Did the grand duke come back last night ?" Angel asks in a quiet voice.

Rachel turns to look at Angel who held a downcast face, Rachel looks at Angel with a sad smile she knows well about how badly the Grand duke treated her. She knows how Angel tries everything just for him to acknowledge her but he always dismisses her.

"His royal highness was too busy to come back home, your royal highness" Rachel says with a sad smile. "Oh...Ok" Angel says as she looks away "Let's get you ready for the day your royal highness" Rachel says trying to divert the topic "Rachel how many times do I have to remind you to just call me Angel" Angel asks with a slight pout.

"You are now the wife of a grand duke, your royal highness. it would be very rude for me to refer to you in such an informal way" Rachel says while slightly laughing. "But I'm still the same Angel that you raised years ago, I want you to call me by my name" Angel insisted.

"Okay Angel, now come on you need to get ready, breakfast is almost ready" Rachel says while gently pushing her towards the bathroom. "Okay! Okay" Angel says whilst slightly laughing

After Angel finish getting ready she immediately went to the dining room to eat breakfast, the breakfast is delicious as usual but seeing the empty chair where the grand duke would sit in made her lose her appetite

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[Angel]

was sitting on our bedroom balcony like usual, waiting for him. If Rachel finds out she will totally scold me to no end for sitting outside with only a thin nightgown in the middle of the night.

While I was deep in thought I heard the loud rumbling of the gate opening. I immediately sprang up and look down to see the familiar carriage that my husband usually rides,

A big smile bloomed in my face as I immediately ran out of the room down the stairs ignoring the worried yelling of the servants. I was just too excited to see him. I skipped down a few steps and ran towards the front door.

When I reached there, I was panting heavily and slightly sweating before I gathered myself together. I fix my hair that was disarray and pat down my nightgown before walking out of the door. When I reached outside I saw him coming out of his carriage.

My heart warms up and a blush appears on my face when I see him "Husband! You're finally bac..." My voice trailed off when I saw a woman coming out off the same carriage he was in, a frown made its way in my face.

When her eyes met mine she immediately looked down, I narrowed my eyes at her when I realized she's wearing a very familiar coat. HIS COAT. the same coat that I gifted him for his birthday.

"Angel... Why are you still awake?" The cold voice of Alistair's made me snap out of my thoughts. I immediately turned to look at him. The previous anger I felt immediately melted away as I gaze upon his eyes.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

This is my first ever story so I'm sorry if it's cringe or weird (༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ)