✿ TO BE LOVED ✿

6k votes for the next chapter and also, guys please don't forget to comment!

ALAIA 

“What are you saying, Alaia?” He asked, his eyes widening in shock. 

“I—I was reading the letters you wrote to her all along. Since the first day of our marriage. I followed you when you visited her grave. That day when you thought it was her death anniversary, I saw you plucking the the white lilies for her grave— ” 

“Why would you do that, Alaia?” He rubbed his palm all over his face and took a step back from me. “Why did
you—fuck, Alaia, you shouldn't have done this.” 

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. My heart started beating rapidly in my chest and the thoughts of him being angry at me invaded my mind. “Are you angry at me?” I whispered, reaching forward to hold his hands but he shook his head. 

“Why are you like this? Why— God, fuck, no—” He whispered in a barely audible voice. 

“Agastya?” I called out his name, not liking the way he was behaving distant with me. 

“Why put yourself through this much pain, Alaia? Why did you hurt yourself? I know you, Alaia. I know your heart. I fucking know that you like 
me—” 

“I've come way too far from merely liking you.” I cut him in the middle. 

“No, let me say first. You don't get to confess your feelings every time without giving me a chance to share mine.” He held his hand in the air to stop me from speaking anymore. 

“I'm not angry at you. I can never be angry at you but it's hurting me to even think that you saw me writing letters to the girl I loved while you were already having feelings for me. This is unfair, Alaia. This is so unfair to you.” He breathed out. His brows creased together in frustration. 

“Reading your letters to Zoya didn't hurt me, Agastya.” I said. 

He clenched his eyes shut for a moment before grabbing my palm and placing it against his heart. “Can you hear this?” 

I felt the tip of my fingers being able to sense the beating of his heart. 

I nodded. 

“My heart is breaking for you, Alaia.” He said. “Why do you've to hurt yourself for me?” 

“Because I love you.” I confessed.

Tears gathered in my eyelids and not being able to hold back my feelings anymore, I let them free. “Because I love you so much.” 

I broke down into fits of sobs and turned my head to the other side. I don't want him to see me like this. What have I done? Why did I make this day about me? 

“Alaia.” He came to me and held my face in between his palms, forcing me to look into his eyes. 

“Please don't tell me not to love you.” I bit on my lips to stop myself from crying more. 

His lips broke into a painful smile. “Loving me shouldn't hurt you.” 

“It doesn't.” I paused. “Why do you've to think like this? It was my choice, I chose to love you, Agastya. And yes, reading your letters hurt me but not like that. I felt the pain in my chest for you, not for myself.” 

He let go of my face and rested his head against the window and stared at the ceiling for a while. An uncomfortable silence fell between us where all I wanted was to know about what's going through his mind? Needles prickled in my throat realizing that this wasn't supposed to be the right time for me to confess my feelings to him. He must be already going through inner turmoil.