Chapter 59 - Love You Like That

"So?" Felicia repeated.

Mocha's ears flattened to his skull, and his fingers came together and fidgeted silently. His tail swayed behind his back nervously as he tried to figure out the answer to the creator's question.

"I don't know..." He murmured.

Seeing the tension in the cat, Felicia sighed and tried to ease her lover.

"Come here, darling." Felicia seized him with a single arm, drawing him closer as his body slid across the desk and her other arms swept off any work-related materials that lay in front of them. She shuffled her chair closer, his legs dangling each of her sides, off the edge.

"Hm, you don't know?" The creator wrapped her arms around his waist.

Bodies connected, their hearts beating in sync. Felicia took the opportunity to stare in his ethereal hazel eyes, the eyes that she could get lost staring into the deep richness.

"I uh..." The werecat's skin flushed with emotion, his back arched to avoid the sudden proximity. He felt the unfamiliar warmth of her arms around him, not quite sure what to do with himself as he never experienced anything. Hands hovered above his chest, not sure where to put them.

"Don't be nervous, curious one." Felicia guided his hand to lace them on her broad shoulders. "Tell me why you never fear me."

Mocha sighed at her reassurance, his shyness faded away an ounce. His ears once flattened, stood tall as his fur ruffled up.

"I like how you accept me the way I am." He began.

"How so?"

"This... Body... Small and short. People wonder if I'm a man."

Felicia's eyes widened at his remarks. Mocha chuckled sadly at her reaction. "I do face some of these problems during my years of traveling..."

"Do elaborate more, my dear." Felicia pulled a hand off her cheek, kissing the back of his palm like a gentlewoman. "I won't judge."

The man took a deep breath, before pouring his heart out. "Most masculine-looking... men tend to mock me. Well, they didn't mean it directly but more like joking around..."

"But it hurts, does it not?"

"Yes. But... I let it slide, I'm sure it'll pass." The sheer weight of his own unwavering kindness proved too much for Mocha, who found himself feeling constrained when he experienced something negative. Kindness was his nature, he could never bring himself to be rude or mean.

"The women too... I suppose. I've... Never been in a relationship before. You know women like... Strong men. And they tend to give rude stares up and down on my short figure."

Tongues clicked, Felicia felt anger rose in her. Her lover's generosity and empathy were so boundless that it overwhelmed her at times, but she couldn't help but feel a deep affection towards him nonetheless.

The creator just couldn't stand by watching her loved ones being thrown into a puddle of meaningless wrongdoings and hurting themselves deeply.

"You need to stand up for yourself, Mocha. You can't just let people insult you." Her shoulders drooped as she sighed, feeling the growing spark of fury towards the ones who spoke vile mockeries towards this pure soul.

"I know." Mocha smiled. "When I found you, you're like the opposite of the stereotypes!" He chirped.

"So, you're saying I look like a man."

"No! I'm just... I'm just saying that... I feel like you would understand me. B-Because you're strong.. and still a beauty!" Mocha's words caught in his throat, as he tried to convince her that he didn't mean what he had said in the way she had interpreted it. His mind raced with thoughts of this wonderful moment that could easily be ruined by his stupid actions.