Sorry number 10 bus.

Pat 2! Thank you for your time to read, I really hope y'all like it, If you do please vote and comment!

Love ya!

Todays playlist:

Way Less Sad by ARJ

Stuck in the Middle with You by Stealers Wheel

Politik by Coldplay

Come As You Are By Nirvana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dad started work at the university where he taught history the Monday we got here, but Mom doesn't start her job, a victim advocate, until our first day of school, so she played homemaker, something my mom was never good at. She was ready to jump back into work by the next week, and left the house before dawn, leaving me to walk my brothers to their bus. Because of being five years older and entering my second year of high school, I caught a bus that was scheduled to arrive after theirs left.

I have spent an excessive amount of time on what my mom would describe as off black, naturally curly hair, straightening it, followed by curling them into ringlets. I did my makeup, removed it, proceeding to reapply, attempting to make it match my deep bronze skin. Where both my brothers took after my mother's light skin and sandy hair, I took after my father. He used to call me his Aztec princess when I was a little girl.

"Thea, mom didn't make pancakes, she always makes us pancakes on the first day of school." Arron moans for the fourth time since we left the house, ten minutes later than I had wanted to. We must take a path through the woods to reach the bus stop, as using the main road would require twice as much time to reach our destination. Mom made us practice our short walk several times before she was confident we wouldn't wander off into the woods. I strongly believe she had researched terrifying stories about the simplicity of getting lost in the thick, forested wilderness.

"Honestly? That's not my problem." I try to remain quiet; I don't need to be the center of attention on my first day. A few other kids, all ranging in age, turned to us as we walked up to the bus stop. I was a little taken aback at the number of kids that live in the middle of the woods, but I let it go immediately.

"I'm hungry." Aaron throws his head back.

"Well, so am I, and I'm not bitching about it." We halt at the edge of the group of kids, I know vaguely that some sets of eyes remain on us.

"Mom said if you said bitching again, she was going to ground you." Caleb sneers with I'm-going-to-tell-her tone.

"You said it too." I tap the back of his head with my hand.

"Damn." He kicks the ground as their bus pulls up.

"Here you go." I pull out the granola bar I was planning for my breakfast. "Share it, don't be jerks. Now get going."

They jump on the bus, when the doors close, and the bus rumbles off, I heard someone chuckling behind me. With minimal interest in getting to know my new classmates right from the start, I pull out my earbuds, plugging them into my phone, blasting music. I stand away from the rest of the kids, taking in the bundle of high schoolers who all somehow live near me, even though my community has no kids. With one sweep across the others waiting, I spot a girl talking on her phone, a guy with both nostrils pierced, and one with a jacket on despite the heat, his hood covering his face in shadow, and two others that completely disregard me. It comes to me, remembering from my first night here, I try to track down the guy I had seen, but I didn't get enough of a glimpse to recognize him. I turn my head in the direction where the guy with the hood up was, his face was looking up at me for a second, but back down to the ground as if he is caught, was that him? When my bus pulls up nearly ten minutes late, I am the last one to hop on. I notice my mistake as soon as I glance down the aisle. Other kids from previous stops were crowded in, leaving almost every seat taken, and the unoccupied seats had a backpack on vacant spots.